Q30 - switching between normal and noise canceling modes issues

Honestly, this sounds like a software issue to me. If they could fix the mic through software, they should be able to fix this issue as well. I’m not surprised if you’d email them and they would tell you to send them back. It’s just such a standard thing to say for a manufacturer. It just isn’t syncing properly between the app and the headphones. I understand there were a few dud ones. But on my box it says revision 1 (NEW). I don’t know if that makes a difference. All I’m trying to say is it just needs another software update. Still great headphones overall even without the anc for me. But it would be awesome if they could fix this issue.

1 Like

I agree with Zaki35. It’s not like the ANC is not working at all - it is, but I can’t switch between ANC modes directly and the workaround to turn on outdoor or indoor ANC is to do the sequence indoor/outdoor ANC - > Normal - > indoor/outdoor ANC.

2 Likes

So you have a newer hardware version than me probably.

Mine has on packaging

I’ve emailed support as looks like I need to get a revised replacement.

1 Like

No, it looks like we have the same box. Yours says iteration 1 New as well. Still think this is a software issue though. Let me know if you get a replacement.

1 Like

Ahh you said revision. A picture paints…

As most support is out of China and it’s their Friday night I’m not expecting reply til Monday. I’ll update as progresses.

1 Like

I had this issue with ANC too. Anker sent me a new pair of Q30, and in the new pair the problem there is no more. So i don’t know…

1 Like

aah I see… My mistake sorry.

1 Like

Interesting thanks for letting me know. I thought I had the newest iteration. I just got these on monday 30th November. I got them from their own website with the blackfriday deal. Maybe I also got a dud unit. Guess I’ll just wait and see what happens. Or maybe just send them back.

2 Likes

Does the packaging on replacement look same as

2 Likes

Lollogreco2001, you’ve worried me very much. Is that mean that there’s defective amount of Q30s? Could someone without this problems tell, what revision do you have?

2 Likes

I now unpacked the second pair I’ve bought as a Christmas gift and tested it: exact same issue here: ANC switching problem but even worse: when ANC works, the sound is heavily degraded to a thin, tinny garbage sound. It’s on FW 1.70

So if this is hardware related, should I return it to Amazon.de? Or better go through Soundcore service?

This unit is definitely different from the one I bought for myself in mid October :confused:

1 Like

This doesn’t mean much: my two packages show the same yet one has been perfect ever since I got it in October and the new pair I got as a gift has all the issues. Heck the sound w/ ANC is utter crap on the new one. At least now I can compare and see what you guys are talking about.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess it’s all over the place now. Mine sound shitty with ANC on as well. Looks like something isn’t going right over at soundcore. I ordered mine on November 26th. I though maybe I would get a unit without issues. Looks like your new unit has the same issue. Maybe we do need to send them back. I ordered mine straight from soundcore germany. I also might just keep them because they sound fine on normal mode. Sadly I bought them for the ANC like many others. I don’t really now what to do. If only soundcore could give us some info about these units or maybe an software update might fix them IDK anymore :frowning:

1 Like

Having two to compare is actually the best case scenario. Sounds like you have confirmed your own issue, as well as confirming that ANC isn’t working correctly in all cases.

Not good news, but confirmation is better than speculation.

1 Like

I’m guessing they’ll release a software update to correct this soon. How soon is the real question because cases like these are increasing in this thread so they must be aware of it

1 Like

So I would say there are two distinct problems. First problem with switching between ANC modes (but when it works, sound quality is OK). This looks like it could be solved with firmware update. Second problem with bad sound quality on ANC and it looks like a hardware issue.

1 Like

Yes, is the same.

1 Like

Hi,

I seem to be having the same problem… just trying to figure out if I need to return it or if this will be solved via software update.

When I change from normal to ANC mode using the buttons on the headset (or on the app), I loose all bass and the sound is very flat. I have never had ANC headphones so unsure if that’s normal. Should the sound between normal and ANC be similar or is the bass loss a “feature” that comes with ANC?

1 Like

Some one who received the replacement headphones can confirm that the new pair works fine with ANC, the sound is normal or still without bass, when you switch between indoor, outdoor, transport all these modes work fine? I asked that because my pair has two different issues, first one just the transport mode works and second one the sound is terrible in ANC mode without bass.

1 Like

Same here. I just received email from support with a shipping address to send it in to. Will report back on whether the replacement unit works or not. An ever so slight bass roll-off in ANC is normal with the Q30s and can easily be (over-)compensated for using the EQ. The defective units however show an unrecoverable amount of loss in bass and lower mids, making it sound terrible. I’ve got another Q30 here that works perfectly fine, so can compare.

1 Like