Q30 volume up LOWERS volume

Hi, just checking with other Q30 owners if your units have this bug. It is minor but exists.

When I press the volume UP button which when on my head is the right most front button, the volume goes DOWN to a minimum / low and I keep pressing multiple times to make the volume actually go up.

Anyone else have this?

I can live with it now I know, up intention means up up up up up up.

1 Like

Could it be that your volume is not “syncing” properly? Like maybe you decreased the volume on laptop or had it low and pressing the volume button makes it “reset” to that level before increasing

2 Likes

I guess this is the reason too. Mine sometimes goes to 100% at the first adjustment. Once synced, it can be controlled from both sides without any issues.

1 Like

All 3 buttons work fine on mine (volume UP, DOWN, PAUSE/PLAY).

All the buttons work on mine too. It’s just when I press the volume up, the volume goes down and I have to repeatedly press to get it back up. It’s not a physical fault, it’s software / configuration.

Seems from the other replies it may be related to multipoint, different volumes on two devices?

Yes, that’s what I meant: when you press volume UP button, the volume goes up, and when you press volume DOWN button, the volume goes down just like it should.

Works fine both on my Mac and iPhone (I just tried with both of them being connected to my Q30’s).

1 Like

Yeah, same thing happens to me sometimes and its like this;

I use my phone to set the volume and sometimes even tough i maxed out the volume, it feels quieter so i try to volume up button on the headphones for a little bit louder sounds and the same things happens to me, it just becomes completely silent and i have to spam the volume up button from the start.

ps: this just happens when i am using it with my phone, i’ve never experienced this problem while using it with my laptop.

2 Likes

I have same issue on Windows 10 and Android.

2 Likes

I have exactly the same issue on my Android phone.
The volume level seems to be separate when pairing with my phone (volume adjustment bars doesn’t show up on screen when pressing the buttons on Q30); It’s integrated only when I paired it with my PC (volume adjustment bars shows up when pressing the buttons).

Honestly I’ve never had this problem, although I never use the volume buttons on the Q30, the ones on my Ipad are easier to press.

Don’t even have the Q30 yet - I have a weird bug on the bluetooth connection to my car where increasing the volume is approximately linear from 0-100%, except at about 80% - which seems to actually put out 120% of max.

Doesn’t happen with my phone and any other devices, or with my wife’s phone even paired up to the car.

Bluetooth is just weird sometimes.

Soundcore posted up a potentially helpful video, maybe check and see if of any benefit.

I’m experiencing the same issue.
Any solution?

It’s quite annoying

Thanks