Q30 Wired Connection BUZZ with ANC

Hi i just get my Q30 life Soundcore the sound was a little muddy for my taste but i did fixed that thanks to de EQ function. But i use a lot my headphones wired and plug into my windows 10 PC . When wired in normal mode everything is normal but while wired turn on de ANC there is a buzzing sound hearable even when i mute all the sound in the pc. I thinks is just from one cup ( left ?¿) but im not sure about that maybe is from both.
I this a faulty unit or is and issue with all Q30 ?
im so sad everything works well but this issue is so annoying because i sue most of the time the headphones wired. What can i do ? :frowning:

UPDATE: doing some testing via aux to see if in another device a have the same buzzing noise i notice another problem when using the cable and ANC was on in the sound.
when a listen te treble test of this video using cable an ANC on i hear like a siren sound in the background going up and down, but if i run the test in the same device (smartphone) but via Bluetooth and ANC on i hear just fine without that siren like sound in the background
  1. Do you have a buzz with any other aux headphones?

2. Do you get this buzz from the q30 when connected to some other device via aux with ANC enabled?

1 Like
  1. I have another headphones with ANC an (H12) and i dont hear any buzz when i use the aux in this device. I tested with another cable and just in the Q30 i hear the buzz
  2. I tested the other headphones and the Q30 with a really old radio via aux then both have some noise but in the Q30 there was a really loud buzzing noise.
    i tested in a notebook via aux cable and the same than the pc just Q30 have buzzing noise when ANC was on
    i test in another device with the same result: just the Q30 have a buzzing noise

BUT just in my smartphone in wich i have to use a jack 3.5mm to USB-C adapter to plug the cable of Q30 then i dont hear that buzzing noise when ANC is on but there i still have the second issue i notice whit ANC in the sound treble test i update in the original post the siren sound.

i think is some hardware issue with the isolation of the aux jack or something but is from my unit or for everybody ?

It could be a defective item. The best course of action from here would be to send an email to service@soundcore.com to explain the situation and get a replacement.

Hello!
I do this youtube headphones test and realize the same issue than horaciorama. During the test a hear something strange like an ambulance. About at 15000 hz all the sound vanished.
As I see this is not an individual phenomenon.

right but just happened when using via aux cable :frowning:

I tried the Q30’s wired with a Google Chromebook 11, and I did hear a sort of siren sound, but it went away when I played some music. I would say try that, and if that doesn’t work, I would say you should contact Soundcore.

it doesnt go away if you play music the buzz sound is still there just you notice the noise less because of the music but if you pay atenttion is still there.

I’m having the exact same problem, also buzzing from the left cup while connected to a W10 PC with ANC on. It’s specially worrying because I bought it thinking about future plane trips.

When connected directly to my phone there is no buzzing (only a bit of distortion when a sound starts or ends).

Any news?

nope :frowning: yo mean connected via aux cable to the pc like me or via bluetooth

Yep, aux cable as well.

I do not remember any distortions on mine.

1. Make sure to update to the newest firmware

2. I hare that aux cable. Try a better one.

3. We have heard several issues with BT driver updates are needed on pc. Update BT.

4. I think of that noise may be the noise canceling mic giving feedback. I know I went outside and the wind gave a little bit of that feedback.

If unsure I would contact service@soundcore.com for additional help if needed.

If you’re physically touching a device (laptop) which is connected to power which is not grounded (two pin cord) which is then physically connected to you (Aux cable or you touch the device) you will pick up the 50Hz / 60Hz hum.

Fix are:

• unplug the power cord
  • try different charger
  • earth the device
  • don’t physically connect device
  • as it relies on resonance, move around a little to move the frequency to one you can’t hear.
  • if the Aux cable is the issue then look for better cable, you’re looking to move the resonance so twist in the socket etc.

i think that can be the reason but NO the headpones do the same in multiple device ( plugged and unplugged ) and different cables and another headphones with same cable no have this issue at all in the same devices

If you’ve elimated it to the Q30 headphones, same across different devices, then it’s a solid argument for warranty replacement.

I would say hum is usually caused by a bad cable / non-earth effect which you can hear if it hits resonance with headphones. I get it with my Bose wireless phones if my laptop is on my lap connected to power, if I unplug power the hum stops, or if I move my laptop further from me, stops also. I don’t have this issue with my Q30. That’s because it is due to a resonance and every device different.

1 Like

Yeah, I hated the Aux cable that they provided with the Q30. I bought a few years ago, 2 Anker aux cable for 6 dollars apiece that was a lot thicker than the one provided with the Q30.

1 Like

I’m not fully sold on the idea of better cables.

Resonance is caused by two unrelated alternating frequences sharing a common harmonic. You can swap a cable and move between on/off resonance. If you happened to swap to one you paid $ extra for and fixes resonance, you may have simply swapped to a different cheaper / free cable and that solved it too.

Roughly a third of human perception is expectation, i.e. you expect it then you make yourself see it. Magicians and hypnotists (and most politicians) use the trick. Some expensive audio brands too.

The only way to eliminate this human weakness is to take large sample tests, so 100 cheap cables, 100 expensive cables… make a blind study. aka the Pepsi challenge.

I’ve not measured my audio cables, but I have measured my USB cables using a meter, roughly 40% of the cheap cables were failing, about 10% of the expensive cables were failing, so while paying more got better, didn’t get perfect every time.