Q35 EQ Shift Fix?

Is there an update in the works to address the drastic EQ shift when switching from Normal to NC mode? Bass is overbearing and muddy in Normal and almost non-existent in NC mode.

I don’t think any of us could answer that with any level of certainty. My guess would be they are working on it with a firmware update, assuming they know it’s a problem. This leads me to my suggestion of contacting Customer Support and letting them know the issue you are having. Good luck!
https://us.soundcore.com/pages/contact-us

2 Likes

It’s a common issue @gpap925

You would hope they are working on it!

1 Like

They’ve always been good about addressing the common issues and needs with their products, so hopefully that will remain true in this case.

I had noticed a difference but thought at first it was a simple difference in volume.

Just tried with a flat EQ profile and playing combinations of white and brown noise.
With ANC active there is a noticeable a volume reduction in the lower bass frequencies compared to Transparency and Normal modes.

I suspect it’s not an equalisation error, but a by-product of how ANC works.
ANC has to have the space to overlay the cancelling signal on top of the audio and it may be lowering the bass volume to create the space. (Think traffic noise removal)

I think we need it confirming whether this is by design or a software fault.

2 Likes

There’s a noticeable difference with the Q30’s also, but it’s tolerable. It has to be a fault somewhere to be sacrificing that much sound quality. I have other brand ANC headphones where there is no difference at all in sound quality when switching modes.

1 Like

This would probably be a good to do a shout out to service@soundcore.com.

If they do not know then it may not get fixed if they think it is an issue. (ie you can assume others have reported it )

2 Likes

Yeah, won’t hurt to mention it to them and see what they say.

I’m not sure why this occurs either it was a problem on the q30 that seems to have carried over to the 35. Some try to off set this by adjusting the eq in the app accordingly but this can be annoying if you often switch between anc and normal mode regularly

You guys have a huge EQ shift?? I’ve checked and re checked numerous times since I’ve been seeing people say this, and mine don’t have that issue at all…

1 Like

Just watched a review where this issue was the most significant issue brought up.
It was enough to recommend the Q30s over the Q35s.

Hopefully soundcore are going to resolve this soon.

1 Like

If you are listening to anything with a decent low end (sub-bass and mid-bass) you will notice it.

1 Like

I’d say similar. I don’t notice this in mine either. But,. I am using the acoustic eq setting… I did notice that the signature one had muted volume when compared to the acoustic.

Perhaps that’s what’s doing the shift?

I ended up creating a custom EQ for ANC mode and another for Transparency/Normal modes to compensate for the shift.

1 Like

I did the same thing for my LA2P Earbuds. My Buds seem to be the opposite. They have more Bass when using ANC compared to normal mode. Having 2 separate custom EQ’s works like a charm for me.

1 Like

Yeah the LA2P is the exact opposite

1 Like

I didn’t notice the shift either, with the LA2Ps… I’ll have to check again…

I use the acoustic eq setting for both,

I just double checked my LA2P and when I switch from Normal Mode to ANC (Transport) there is definitely an EQ shift. When switching to ANC it’s like a Bass Boost is applied.
Notes:

1. I’m using Custom EQ’s (not presets)
  2. I’m on Firmware Version 03.62
2 Likes

I’ll take some notes later today on version of fw and such, so we can compare, I’ll edit the #s into this reply…

Edit:
On the Q35#, FW 1.11, acoustic eq and really I can’t pickup a shift. I tried the signature setting and there is sound difference (with both settings). But not really on eq. More volume and sound difference due to anc.

On the LA2Ps, fw 3.6.2? same eq settings. I did notice a shift on transparency between fully transparent and vocal modes, and compared o normal or anc. But not overtly noticeable.

1 Like

When I was talking to Customer Support I mentioned my LA2P had an EQ shift between Normal Mode and ANC and the lady said yeah, that’s the way it is now. I just wanted to make sure they were aware of it, and they were. I assume yours does too.