Q35 popping and clicking sound when using LDAC

Good to know replacement fixed it.

Curious what was the problem and the replacement fixed. Wondering if the higher bluetooth bandwidth and a better antennae solder?

But the short story version is why to buy Anker, the customer support.

The customer support plus this community. People genuinely seem to care about each other and try to help each other here. You canā€™t say that about all manufactures. I think this forum is a definite plus.

I am experiencing the same issue with my OnePlus 7T, regardless of the selected bitrate. The problem goes away when using AAC.

Does LDAC sound better than the AAC you said youā€™d used and sounded good?

Iā€™m curious if codecs make a difference.

1 Like

@The_Professor Itā€™s good that you came back.
Have a good day!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

IMO LDAC (when I got my replacement set) sounded a little clearer when listening to music via Tidal over Bluetooth.

I have tried turning LDAC on and off on my Galaxy S9 with the Q35s - I donā€™t get any popping and clicking sounds. But I also canā€™t tell the difference in sound quality - my phone says it is using LDAC after I enabled that box in the bluetooth menu, but otherwise I would have no idea.

Using spotify with the quality set to ā€œVery highā€ and data saver off.

I suspected that there wouldnā€™t be a noticeable difference for me, they sound really good either way.

Glad to hear a replacement fixed your problem!

1 Like

I am using my Q35ā€™s with my MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), and experiencing a lot of popping when I play sound.

Mostly, Iā€™m using it for playlists on youtube, and the frequency of popping / clicking sounds is high. I donā€™t think mac supports LDAC, so I doubt this is related to LDAC, but Iā€™m also unsure why the popping sounds keep happening and how to resolve it.

Also, is there a way to turn OFF wear detection?

I wasnā€™t chosen for Q35 testing so canā€™t help directly.

But my first things to check would be:

• EM interference, so e.g. try to ensure WiFi is 5Ghz and nothing emitting a lot in the vicinity, e.g. Youā€™re not connected to multiple Bluetooth devices?
  • do the usual of delete pairing and pair again
  • reset the headphones, pair again.
  • reboot laptop.

Most people most of the time fix these issues with these tricks.

https://support.apple.com/kb/SP809?locale=en_GB

I see laptop is Bluetooth 5, if you have it connected to anything else not the same version that can cause some issues which are fixed by changing sequence of connection.

As for change settings, Iā€™d look in the app.

1 Like

Yes on my two Andoird devices (Galaxy S9 and Xiaomi Mi10T Pro, I hear a difference when using spotify in high quality (yes still the used quality is still lossly compressed). And when using FLACs (lossless compressed music fiels) the difference is there. I did the test when changing from LDAC 990kbps to AAC and back.

The sound spectrum feels broader with LDAC :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try enabling AAC and see if that improves the situation with popping?

It helped on my 2011 Macbook Pro when I forced my MBP to always use AAC on Bluetooth connection (both for Q30 and my Google Home Mini speaker). I thought it was my MBPā€™s Bluetooth problem when Iā€™d hear occasional popping when I moved around yet I suspect it was SBCā€™s fault. Now that I always use AAC I donā€™t seem to experience any popping/cracking sounds.

1 Like

Good to know, the Q30 vs Q35 topic will keep coming up, more so as their price difference narrows (which it should, logically)

I have the Q35 and my Samsung S21 5G supports LDAC. I have it enabled but I get no sound at all. I Googled the issue and what Iā€™ve read is that it works best with high sample rate files. Not 320k MP3 files that I have stored on my device.

Right now, it works and sounds great with AAC codec, but Iā€™d like to give it a listen using LDAC. Still testing.

By the way, I read all the comments above and still same thing.

1 Like