Q45 Headphone suggestions

Using the Q45’s for a couple of months now. A couple of things come to mind that will improve on them.

The first is breathability. They are far too warm over the ears and with a little activity, start to condensate with sweat. This is one of the problems that need to be overcome, that they need the airiness so the listener can endure without any due course earache. Testing for ear heat can be done to monitor the necessary dispensation.

The second issue is the bass. The Q45’s don’t have the clarity which is essential with comfortable listening. The bass should serve the user with the warm tones that make the listener feel relaxed and content with their music. The bass is the foundation on which the mids and highs can truly shine. If the bass doesn’t serve its purpose correctly, other sound features will simply clash with it.

What would seem like comfortable memory foamed cushions, only clutter up the experience of wearing them in comfort and to eventually irritate the ears.

If other people can also add their experience here of these headphones, I’m sure a better analysis can be made when a modification is made on new future models.

1 Like

It’s too late now for you but I’d just have got the Q30.

1 Like

I’ve definitely gotten pretty sweaty wearing them while cleaning the house or whatever what’ do you use to clean the head phone cups without damaging them?

2 Likes

They’re definitely water magnets, don’t know if you’re aware, they attract a lot of heat. I only need to wear them for 20 minutes before they feel gummy and moist and have to remove them. I just use a cloth to give them a wipe over.