Question for Life P3 Owers

If you own a pair of Life P3’s, I have a question for you. But first, a little background:

I just bought a pair of Liberty Air 2 Pro’s for a couple specific features: 1. Good microphone quality and 2. Transparency. See, I often sit on hourslong Zoom calls and wanted a pair of TWS earbuds that I could wear for a long period of time and also use as my microphone in said calls. Plus, I found a set of Liberty Air 2 Pro’s refurbished on eBay (it appears Anker has their own eBay storefront for refurbished items) for an exceedingly reasonable price, so I snapped them up.

Upon using them the past couple of days, I was crushed to realize that the Transparency functionality is pretty weak. I don’t necessarily care about hearing my surroundings. What I want is to be able to hear my own voice when I speak. As I said before, I want to be able to use the headphones on Zoom calls and I absolutely hate using earbuds without transparency. I feel like I’m talking with my fingers in my ears. I tried both Transparency settings (Vocal and Full Transparency) and neither hit the mark.

So my question for Life P3 owners–Is the Transparency any better? When you use the feature and speak aloud, can you hear your voice being piped back into your ears?

1 Like

I don’t own the P3 nor LA2P but I’d say the Q30 works well.

Others here may have mentioned they just use one bud and alternate ears.

Don’t have those and never had LA2P so can’t help. Sorry.

I have done some testing since reading your question and I have to say that with the Life P3 earbuds set to Ambient Sound > Transparency > Vocal Mode, I find them actually quite good for hearing your own voice while speaking, although I don’t have a lot of other noise going on while using them, just a little background music.

I also have the Liberty 3 Pro earbuds, and they are a good deal better, in the same surroundings.

I haven’t tried making or receiving zoom/phone calls with either set of earbuds yet, so can’t let you know how they work in that situation. But if I had to pick a winner between the two, it would be the Liberty 3 Pros.

2 Likes

Thank you SO much, Craig, you really went above and beyond! I really appreciate it. I’m guessing that the P3s have an edge on the LA2Ps in the transparency department. Bummer.

Can any mods hook a girl up for a head-to-head comparison? :joy:

1 Like

@apsavarese I did some more testing this morning while out walking with my dogs. There was a bit of traffic about, and so I thought it might be good to do a quick test while it was noisier.

I only had the L3Ps with me, but with the background noise of traffic, I could hear myself quite a bit better when using Vocal mode than when in HearID mode (which made it sound like I had my fingers in my ears).

1 Like