Questions about earning points

I was looking at the points we can earn here, called out in the linked image in this thread:

But I have a feeling that there is some overlap between what appears to be different categories, and suspicions that others I don’t know of may be wrong. I know that referral points or at least notes have been at different values a few times.

First up, you can get 10 points a day for sharing from this site on social media. There are two separate categories listed for doing this - one for the gallery, and one for conversation, so it looks like you can get 20. But from my testing, you can only get one of the two per day, and either one will show up as “Share a Thread” under your points page.

There is an indication under the gallery section that you can get 10 points per day for uploading an image to the gallery. But when trying that, I saw that I had received 5 points, and it appeared as “Start a Thread”. So I think the system treats that the same as starting a thread, which otherwise appears under conversation.

I haven’t had the chance to try all of the others, but are there any others that overlap / don’t show up properly? And is the image showing how to earn points out of date? Or is that overlap intentional and not confusing to others?

No idea how some people get so many points tbh. I just put it down to them being online more than me.

I just look at the monthly figure and think WOW

I’ve noticed the same correlation about uploading images/starting new threads as well as sharing images/posts on social media. I wish they would either separate them out, or make it more clear in the chart. I was disappointed because I thought I was racking up points faster than I really was.

I do not care about much.
Sometimes I get some Notes and Tickets I dont know why and how I earned those. :joy:

I don’t really care about the system. But I have noticed the same thing. I don’t understand why I upload a gallery image but only get half the points. I’m not sure if I’m doing it wrong or if there’s an issue with the system

Also it would be nice if the daily point max would reset by user time such as 12 am wherever the user logged in that day.

1 Like

I thought the same and have a hard time figuring out when to come on and participate so the points are counting or not. I have seen that I have made a comments and did not count even after I came back later. At times I thought I thought it would make you wait 24 hours from last comments or sharing.

@k_pug2003. Part of it is coming from community and part of it was from referrals. Specifically it could be possibly to get 1500 but more realistic it is about 600-900 for just community. Based on their point system, you can get 10 pts for sharing a thread, 5 comments for 10, 2 new threads for 10, 10 for gallery, and 10 for sharing gallery per pt list. You can get extra for thread/ gallery of the week.
So do the share and 5 comments will get you 600 monthly. So that first month most top 10 got 30 pts from shares, comment, threads and the rest came from referrals.

If you add up your totals, it would be 50 a day. But in fact with the overlap the max is 30 per day - 10 for a share, 10 for comments, and 5 each for two threads or pictures posted.

So for a month, the max is around 900 without doing extras like referrals or winning one of the special things or spending money on products.

With this, your gallery points are added at the beginning of each month. You will not see an increase until that time and actually probably should not be receiving any points for “Starting a thread” as the system is probably recognizing it as a new thread based on the ability to comment/like the post. The site is built around the same structure across each facet, and although the functionality may be/look different (e.g. uploading a gallery photo), the back end still sees it as a new thread being generated.

Same goes for this:
First up, you can get 10 points a day for sharing from this site on social media. There are two separate categories listed for doing this - one for the gallery, and one for conversation, so it looks like you can get 20. But from my testing, you can only get one of the two per day, and either one will show up as “Share a Thread” under your points page.

Think I’m averaging about 10-20 points a day :joy::joy:

Thanks for showing that they are showing up as as share a thread although I thought it different.

Yep. I wish they weren’t, I wanted those extra points :slight_smile:

Well I have not been as active on Anker as I could but was doing another reward program last couple of years. But am trying to gear up as I am getting out of that program. But points wise I will be close on here to get to level up to get the 120 notes.

You clearly got some referrals to get to level ten already. Those accelerate the process dramatically.

It does. After that first month, I was not trying for the top 3-4 as I was wanted other to win. I got most of mine from a couple relatives n most of my work friends who I have helped on their contest a lot. I finished where I wanted. I did not think I could spend 1000 in I tunes. Between me and my wife we have 24 pairs of aunt n uncles.