Remember Zolo? I am glad Anker went the Soundcore route

I was first up to buy a pair of these - unfortunately they were never as good as what soundcore offers now. I am just glad anker went with Soundcore branding over Zolo. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same company just rebranded, and now more audio focused

2 Likes

Agree with @Tank , brand has nil to do with quality, it’s just a later so more evolved product.

I tend to seek out version 3 of products, or wait for at least 2 firmware upgrades.

My biggest fear with Soundcore is the dilution of quality by too many overlapping products causing each product to get less testing and support then spread thinner and less updates. I’d always prefer 3 good non-overlapping products than 9 worse overlapping products.

3 Likes

I think branding is very important however, if they aren’t able to sell because a bad branding, there will be no products.

I do agree with your concern however, too many overlapping products can lead to issues. While I think they’re naming scheme is confusing, they essentially put out four new products, per segment, a year but continue selling older products until it doesn’t make sense to.

After I posted this, I found out theyre still selling the above zolo headphones, but they’re not expending energy on software updates, marketing, etc.

Its the same company, just another name.
Of course Anker/Zolo/soundcore
is trying to improves the quality of their products if possible. :wink:

@Fursa yes they are still selling Zolo earbuds as they are selling all others as well. You will notice though they do have updated zolo earbuds on the market, they continually update and enhance what they have on the market and each variation gets significantly better. As @The_Professor mentioned this tends to dilute the naming and product as customers will not know what version they are getting as not all sellers mark or list if the product is updated or not.

1 Like

I have a pair of these! The sound quality on the Zolo earbuds is great, but compared to Soundcore’s new earbuds, I’m surprised how much heavier these seem. :rofl:

I never got to try these out but would rather have them lighter.