Review: Soundcore Q30 - long term review

Hi Andrew, thanks.

The early adopter discount was a month, and I ordered just before expired after seeing a dozen or so reviews. I may have suffered from the early models having physical fauls ironed out and why on 3rd unit.

But yes, if it were more expensive, I’d hold back much longer, at least til a couple of firmware updates, it is a safer method to save time, and usually save money as eventually discounts arise greater than early adopter discounts.

2 Likes

I have the L2P but no Q30, so will not be comparing. Already had Q10 and got (won / gifted) 2 New headsets (Over the ears during the same time period - Non Anker / Soundcore) so planned not to get any more of headsets

Great review @The_Professor

2 Likes

Just got the q30 today and I have the pros too. Will let you know later

OK thanks!:slightly_smiling_face:

Solid thorough review @The_Professor :+1:

1 Like

In my opinion … both sound phenomenal but I feel I can hear more and it’s cleaner with the liberty 2 pro but like nother guy here said is tough to compare over ears to earbuds totally different build but to me especially if ya get in and mess with eq settings again the both sound great but hands down the liberty 2 pro is cleaner and more bright… also that could do with them having apt x along with my phone but for sound alone if I hear a new song and really wanna hear it and pick it apart instruments etc I grab my liberty 2 pros

1 Like

@Pantera43 Thank you for your opinion on Liberty 2 Pro!:+1:t2:
I am curious if Soundcore will do something even better …:thinking:

I don’t have the L2P but from the consistent positive reviews it’s hard to imagine them making better sound quality but everything else is up for grabs, ambient mode, codecs, ANC (if possible in the size), etc.

Just have to wait and wonder.

I know you personally place sound quality highest so I’m suggesting you won’t get better (enough to upgrade) but Ambient I find so useful on my Q30 I’d give it a positive point if added to L2P successor.

1 Like

@The_Professor Thanks for your feedback.
I’m patient - I’ll wait.
I really like the Q35 at this point, but it’s worth the wait for reviews, bug fixes, and a drop in price.
Now I know that the Ambient mode is something that would be very useful to me. Sometimes at home children play jokes on me and stand behind my back, and I don’t hear it.:smile: :wink:
The worst thing is when the postman comes and rings the doorbell - I can’t hear it. :frowning:

Put yourself in the mind of the engineer. You can’t do everything, every feature adds some downside (cost, weight, size, battery life, etc) so it’s a careful selection of what the consumers ask.

So ask and give priorities. That should be a new thread. Say you could do only 2 things better on L2P, what would they be? Just remember added ANC adds cost and weight and worsens battery life, adding Ambient adds less cost, no weight and worsens battery life impact.

2 Likes

@The_Professor Thanks for all the good and interesting advice and explanations.:+1:t2:
As of today, such a great product that has everything you need seems to be Q35.
But it still takes time to detect bugs and see if everything is as good as in the Soundcore description.

Agree with you. While you get something extra you always loose something as well

1 Like

I’m confident they will especially with all the competition out there!!! They have to!!! Def need to add the anc and transparency but maybe even bigger driver and the Knowles armature or balanced armature whatever it is lol that also has to stay!! It’s just unreal the bass they have but even more unreal is the mids and highs with that bass!! So many other earbuds that cost more honestly in my opinion don’t even compare soundwise and pm top of that they get really really loud which I love ! Don’t understand why all companies don’t offered volume… like anything In life most using these are adults Ieam if I wanna blow eardrums out that is right … but lot of others ive tried jabra 75t Sony xm3 sennheiser momentum 1dt gen jaybird Vista fiil t1xs votomy v22 jbl 300 again to my ears they don’t sound as good for any genre but they def don’t get as loud… closest would be the votomy v22 which I had to try after watchin few reviews sayin how loud they were but the L2P is best of the best!

1 Like

@Pantera43 Just watch out for your ears, because when they explode, you won’t need headphones anymore. :joy:
I also like to listen to this powerful and dynamic bass and clear soprano, especially in electronic and techno recordings.:+1:t2: Only my wife gets nervous sometimes, because she says that I am going to “another world”.:wink:

1 Like

The L2P has coaxial armature, if you look at teardown it’s in the middle, Vs teardown of the brands where it’s to the side.

The challenge is ANC ideally wants the microphone central to the canal, the coaxial armature is central also, so others out their armature to the side to fit in ANC.

So ANC and sound quality do compete engineering. Ambient doesn’t need an inside microphone as much so less compromise.

There’s still the processing and battery life impact.

Q30 (and I assume Q35 as they look identical engineering) places the microphone inside center of speaker but as it’s held outside the ear it cannot neutralise higher frequencies and mids it’s forced to add hiss.