See All News & Reviews for Liberty Air 2 Pro Here (Updated 1/26/2021)

Welcome to the Liberty Air 2 Pro News & Review Megathread. Here’s where you’ll find all the latest news, reviews, and accolades as people all around the world get Liberty Air 2 Pro into their ears for the first time. Be sure to check back periodically; this space will be updated as new reviews come in (LATEST UPDATE: 1/26/2021).

Meanwhile, please don’t hesitate to leave your own thoughts and discuss below. You can also check out Liberty Air 2 Pro for yourself here.

THE LATEST NEWS & REVIEWS (MEDIA):

Digital Trends: Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro review: Affordably awesome

Digital Trends Says: “The Liberty Air 2 Pro sound really good. They offer a strong bass response, a nicely balanced midrange, and highs that are clear and never sibilant. Impressively, the bass isn’t just all boom — tracks like Hans Zimmer’s Time reveal warmth as well as subtlety while providing the deep resonance you need to appreciate low-end complexity. Even better, that low end doesn’t trample the vocals.”

MusicTech: Review: Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro

MusicTech Says: “The first time we put on the Liberty Air 2 Pros, we were taken aback by the Active Noise Cancelling – we thought a colleague was pranking us by whispering but it was actually the ANC kicking in. It’s fantastic for reducing ambient sounds and has four modes to choose from, plus two transparent modes.”

Rolling Stone: The Best Of CES 2021

Rolling Stone Says: “The small, sleep earbuds support active noise cancellation for noisy commutes, with IPX4 water resistance for the gym, and a six-microphone array for clear voice calls. Soundcore says the buds get six hours of battery life with noise-cancelling turned on, and an additional 15 hours of playtime thanks to their charging case.”

Cnet: CES 2021’s coolest gadgets

Cnet Says: “The IPX4 water-resistant Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro earbuds are the company’s first to feature active noise cancellation.”

CNN Underscored: The best tech of CES 2021

CNN Underscored Says: “These sleek new buds distinguish themselves with multiple active noise cancellation (ANC) modes, which include a Transport mode when you’re out commuting, an Outdoor mode to drown out street noise and an Indoor mode to combat chatter. We’ve seen buds with multiple ANC modes before, but the Air 2 Pro’s ability to tailor to different environments gives it a big win.”

Engadget: ICYMI: More gadget highlights from CES 2021

Endgadget Says: “The ANC is available in three settings – transport, indoor and outdoor – with each adjusting frequencies blocked depending on your environment. And the quick-charge technology Anker uses in the case will give you two hours of use after just ten minutes of charging.”

USA Today via Reviewed: These earbuds are among our most promising CES 2021 picks—and they’re already on sale

Reviewed Says: “It features several new modes: transport mode, which blocks out lower frequencies; indoor/outdoor mode, which reduces midrange frequencies; and two transparency modes, one of which augments ambient sound and one that’s akin to the transparency mode in Apple AirPods Pros, so you can actually hear what’s happening in the outside world with ease.”

Tom’s Guide: New Anker earbuds offer active noise-cancelling — for half the price of AirPods Pro

Tom’s Guide Says: There’s a “HearID” feature, which uses the mobile app to tests how well you hear certain frequencies at varying volumes, and personalizes the sound output according to the results. You can also tweak the EQ manually, again via the app.

Make Use Of: Anker Reveals Excellent Update to Liberty Air 2 Pro ANC Earbuds

Make Use Of Says: The Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro returns with larger 11mm drivers, which will deliver better overall sound. Along with the larger drivers is something called “PureNote,” which Anker is marketing as a sort of hardening for your earbud drivers, and at the very least sounds like it’ll make the drivers last that bit longer.

Forbes: Soundcore’s New Liberty Air 2 Pro Earbuds Will Take Your Breath And Background Noise Away

Forbes Says: “The Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro have an awesome breadth and one of the fattest and clearest bass frequencies that I think I’ve ever heard. At the same time, they also have a beautifully clear upper range that shapes and focuses the soundstage so that the music almost takes on a floating 3D quality. It’s hard to describe how expansive the sound is.”

Forbes: Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro Offer AirPods Pro Features For Less Cash

Forbes Says: “These earphones are available now for $129.99, a little over half the cost of the Apple AirPods Pro. And they have some features that sound like they belong on a high-end pair like that.”

The Verge: Anker unveils $129 Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro wireless earbuds with ANC

The Verge Says: “The new model has improved ANC with modes designed to fit various situations — the transport mode blocks out lower frequencies, for example, while the indoor mode is better at reducing mid-range sounds like voices in an office.”

Digital Trends: Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro go toe-to-toe with AirPods Pro, for $130

Digital Trends: “Soundcore says it has reinforced these drivers with 10 “hardened nano-layers.” The company calls it PureNote technology and claims it lets the Liberty Air 2 Pro produce accurate sound and clarity at all frequencies.”

What Hi-Fi: Soundcore wireless earbuds go big on features but not price

What Hi-Fi Says: “Liberty Air 2 Pro have plenty going for them on paper – audio personalisation, battery life up to 34 hours, multiple active noise cancellation modes and a pretty attractive price tag.”

CNET: Liberty Air 2 Pro noise-canceling earbuds: Hands-on with the new $130 AirPods Pro alternatives

CNET Says: “In my limited testing, I thought the noise canceling was on par with the AirPods Pro’s noise canceling. There are two transparency modes – one augments ambient sound a bit while the other is supposed to be a more natural sound mode similar to the AirPod Pro’s transparency mode that lets you hear the outside world with almost no colorization.”

Engadget: Soundcore takes on the AirPods Pro with the $130 Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro

Engadget Says: Soundcore “employs what it calls PureNote technology alongside 11mm drivers for “accurate sound and clarity at all frequencies.”

Android Guys: Soundcore starts 2021 with Liberty Air 2 Pro ANC earbuds

Android Guys: “Honestly, the earbuds look like last year’s Liberty 2 Pro and the Liberty Air 2 had a baby. You will get a teardrop design similar to the Liberty Air 2 but with a neat new angular profile. Stow that away in the charging case that’s very reminiscent of the Liberty 2 Pro one and I think you have a winner.”

Tom’s Guide: Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro review

Tom’s Guide Says: “With the Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro, Anker is making a seemingly irresistible proposal: true wireless, active noise-cancelling (ANC) earbuds for just $130.”

Android Police: Soundcore’s new ANC true wireless buds look like the ones to beat

Android Police Say: “Anker is really pushing the audio quality here, collaborating with Grammy winners and music producers to ensure the tuning is perfect.”

NME: Soundcore launch new Liberty Air 2 Pro earbuds to help you #AudioEscape in 2021

NME Says: “The Liberty Air 2 Pro, which has been endorsed by 10 Grammy-winning artists, is a significant leap forward for the Liberty series in terms of both sound quality and functionality. Its hybrid active noise cancellation and multi-mode transparency features are key, allowing listeners to filter background noises in or out as they please.”

The Gadgeteer: Anker reveals new Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro earbuds today

The Gadgeteer Says: “The new Liberty Air 2 Pro earbuds are a higher-end pair of earbuds that feature active noise canceling while listening and 6 noise-canceling microphones for calls. The PureNote™ Driver Technology provides a 45% boost to bass and a 30% wider frequency bandwidth than ordinary drivers.”

THE LATEST NEWS & REVIEWS (YOUTUBE):

Short Circuit: “They sound really good”

Jon Rettinger: “It’s a really solid combination, at a really affordable price. I think you’re gonna have a really hard time finding any fault with.”

Justin Tse: “You have so much customizability, like HearID, and if you’re an Android user then I think this option is a no-brainer.”

El Jefe: “The active noise cancellation is strong and does a very good job at blocking out low and mid tones.”

Just Doin’ Life TV: “What’s really getting me about these earbuds is that they managed to pack so many lifestyle features into such a small case.”

English Dan Reviews: “I am super impressed with the noise cancelling on these”

Inside Tech: “When you compare them to Apple’s AirPods Pro, the Liberty Air 2 Pro’s sound quality is simply better in every single way. The blow them out of the water when it comes to bass … the highs sound more crisp and detailed, too, so the audio is just more exciting.”

13 Likes

Do they have transparency mode?

1 Like

Awesome live steam event! Can’t wait to get my hands on these, especially for the Transport and Indoor modes. Congrats on the launch everyone!

Had a quick edit question, does the status light/indicator stay on at all times while in use? Just so I have an idea if they would be good in a dark area, e.g. in bed while the wife is sleeping as to not wake her with a blinking light.

3 Likes

Yes, they do!

3 Likes

Great live stream event to launch the new earbuds. Nice to see Krish back with the new set.

Can’t help but to be saddened that the discount loyalty code is only valid in the US…

On the plus… @English_Dan_Reviews has some discount codes for markets outside the US of A, on his upcoming review vid of the new LA2Ps.

ttyl

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for the live it was very interesting.

I was wondering about the ability of the air pro 2 to connect to multiple devices at the time and if they can handle software like Teams or Zoom properly.

Other question about low latency response time for games or connection to smart TVs?

I am aware these are very music and sound centric earbuds though but it would be a real + if they are also work and game worthy.

Thank you for your answer

1 Like

Hello, I received one for Canada so not only USA.

1 Like

@SoundcoreAaron

https://www.tuttoandroid.net/news/2021/01/12/soundcore-liberty-air-2-pro-app-android-862521/

Good to know, mine was showing for US…

There’s a preview code looks like about $50 off, wait for them, the generic code is $30 off. If you expect a preview code, then wait. I expect preview codes are complex longer alphanumeric to be unique to one-time. The generic code anyone can use.

30% off is the anyone-gets.

1 Like

@ncro The soundguys and texch’s blog articles are not for the Liberty Air 2 Pro

1 Like

Are we supposed to get the codes by email? I never received anything but had signed up for updates. Or are only certain people getting them?

2 Likes

Do they have the L/R Simultaneous BT Transmission ?

You mean BT5?

no… I am asking about simultaneous BT transmission to the left and right ear ,not a BT transmission from left to right ear.

You know what is BT5?

it seems not xD

I received a code by email, but it was only for the USA, not much use to me as I’m in the UK. I believe anyone who completed the #AudioEscape puzzle should have received an email.