Seemingly Tori Amos is a big fan of women’s soccer…

…so she would probably have been happy watching the England Ladies team beating Sweden 4-0 this evening to reach the final of the women’s European Championships then.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I saw something about this earlier today.:+1:

1 Like

I call this game Football :grinning:
Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Those are fighting words. :rofl:

PS I’m just messing around.

This is Football and I say that being cursed as a lifelong Detroit Lions fan, That being said, Barry was worth the price of admission. I use to take my boys to the Silverdome to watch him play and more often than not, he did something memorable.

2 Likes

@Steve976 I just watched Barry Sanders Top 50 plays video.
Cool, but nobody even touched the ball with his foot :joy:
In case you like American Football you should like Rugby as well. Small guy and big Rugby star Faf De Klerk

2 Likes

Okay, if it’s a fight about football you want then @Steve976, then let’s go!!! :rofl:

I agree with @VertigoXX… Tori got it wrong by calling it soccer. Well, not so much wrong, as feeling she had to differentiate the two games for the sake of those in the US/Canada whose game of “Gridiron Football” is commonly referred to as “Football” – in North America and Canada.

The rest of the world generally knows the game of “Association Football” as “Football” or “Soccer”, but mainly as Football. With an estimated 250 million players in over 200 countries and dependencies, it makes the non-US/Canadian version of “Football” the world’s most popular sport, so to be fair, it should have the title of Football.

If you guys want to earn the right to call your game “Football”, then maybe you should use your feet to pass the ball more often, and not use “hands” to throw and catch quite so much!!!

‘nuff said… I thank you!!

P.S. I’m not really looking for a fight, I just wanted to get that off my chest :wink:

2 Likes

OK guys I was just messing around. I had a feeling that would get a rise out of you guys across the pond

PS We use our feet to kick Field Goals And Punt. :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl: You knew it and you got it :rofl:

Ooooh! Field Goals and Punts – well they take up a few seconds per game. Maybe your game should be called “Occasional Football”

1 Like

@Craig_Paterson @Steve976
Doesn’t matter how we call that game :grinning:
The last time I watched women’s football on TV this happened (Champions League match between Lithuanian champions Gintra (in yellow) and FC Barcelona from Spain)

2 Likes

That is so hilarious!!!

2 Likes

That’s too funny. :rofl:

2 Likes