Share Your Funniest School Memory and WIN!

Sophomore year of high school. We’re taking a test, and they make an announcement saying that the drug dogs were coming. About five minutes later, we hear this loud BANG! Everyone’s head starts going up in unison. Our teacher goes up to the door, looks out the window, and said that it was most likely the dogs. Our heads go down in unison, and we go back to our test. I learn later from a friend that the dogs randomly searched her classroom, and one of the dogs started growling over someones lunchbox.

This is the funniest thing I remember from my days in school. When I was in Public School back in 6th grade, teachers were still allowed to paddle students.

Our 6 grade teacher had a paddle hanging on the wall that had holes drilled in it. I figured it was more for show that anything. The thinking behind it, in my mind was he could swing it faster because there would be less air resistance.

Anyway a boy was about to be paddled (I can’t remember why now) and as it connected he passed wind (gas), loudly (must of had Taco Bell for dinner the night before :rofl:). Needless to say the whole class, including the teacher busted out laughing. That was the end of that, the paddling was over. I know, I have a warped sense of humor. :grinning:

As for my favorite sound, I’ll go with a gentle stream flowing over rocks. We have one such stream in our community.

1 Like

My funny moments is junior high school that a girl in the class was smelling bad odor and the teacher asked her to come to the board to solve the problem. She said that’s a bad smell. So my friend Nelson sings a song. It’s was at your own risk. But he changed the lyrics to Girl, you better wash yourself, at your own risk. Every body was laughing even the teacher.

In high school, there was to be a test during the German language lesson.
As our whole class was very “weak” in German, we were very afraid of the tests.
Additionally, we were very afraid of our teacher Edward. He was tall with bushy eyebrows, he shouted often and spoke menacingly like a real German. We liked him, but he was scary. As the lesson with the test approached, the whole class was terrified.
We wondered what to do.
Finally, one of the girls had the idea that we would block the door to the classroom. Our brave friend put the match in the small keyhole herself. Edward did not give advice to open the door and the test did not take place.
But for a short time we were satisfied with ourselves. A great scandal broke out.
The teachers investigated and threatened with great penalties.
We sat in the pews like scared hares in the bushes, and our expressions were like at a funeral.
And Edward shouted, “This is a scandal! You are destroying the property of the school! The person who did this has to plead guilty immediately!”
In the end he calmed down a little, stopped his terrible speech and looked at the girl he liked with a sweet smile. He made “sweet eyes”, winked an eye at her and sweetly said:
“I know that Kasia did not do it for sure …”.
Had we not been terrified at the time, the whole class would have burst out laughing :joy:.
Because Kasia did it :joy: !!!
Edward suspected everyone, but not Kasia, he had such a good opinion of her!

Until now, we keep telling each other this funny story when we meet girls and my classmates :slightly_smiling_face:.

My favorite sound is the morning birds singing.

1 Like

A REGIMENTED LIFE IN SECONDARY SCHOOL

I attended a Federal Government College from my JSS1 to SS3 and I had to learn how to live a life that is regulated by the school, a life that really proves that there’s time for everything: from waking up by 5 a.m., to going for morning devotion and cleanup of hostel, to taking my bath and dressing up for school, to going to the dining hall for breakfast, to going for morning assembly after breakfast, to going to the classroom for lectures till 2 p.m., to going to the dining hall after classes for lunch, to coming back to the hostel and preparing for evening prep which starts by 4pm and ends 6pm, to going to the dining hall by 6 p.m. for dinner, to going back to the hostel and preparing for night prep which lasts from 7pm to 9 p.m., to coming back to the hotel after night prep to rest (lights out) after the day’s work/learning…
It was really a whole lot, a bit hard for me to adjust to the system at the beginning of my secondary school (JSS1) but I got used to it along the way till I left school in SS3.
I really cherish the experience, the environment, the bullies by the senior student; really what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I so much miss school!
I can say bodly that living a regimented life in my secondary school made me stronger despite all odds.