Share Your Gym Soundtracks!

Hey Guys!

Remember what it’s like going to the gym? Wiping the sweat off of used equipment, racking other people’s weights, reminding people that the squat racks are for squats (not curls)… Those were the days! Occasionally it was possible to do your own workout though, and nothing made a workout more bearable than some beefed-up beats to get the blood pumping.

To celebrate the light at the end of the lockdown tunnel coming at the same time as our new Spirit series earbuds, we’re offering 20% off Spirit Dot 2! And if you’re not quite ready to get out of lockdown, don’t worry, they are perfect for getting sweaty in the living room and garden too.

In order to provide some inspiration for you guys when you get your Spirit buds, I’ve done a survey in the office to find people’s favorite workout songs. Hopefully, some of these will give you an extra push as you’re striving for your next PR.

Pop

What could be more motivating than the positive melodies and radio-friendly beats of the world’s biggest artists?

Recommendation:

Madonna - Hung Up
Dua Lipa - Hallucinate

Indie/Rock

So you wanna go upbeat but you’re not quite ready for face-melting solos? How about some power pop?

Recommendation:

Sea Girls - Ready for More
Blondie - Atomic

Metal

Now we’re talking! Give me some crunching guitars, pounding drums, and a lead singer with a throat full of gravel.

Recommendation:

Metallica - Battery
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train

EDM

All the energy but with less of the aggression? Let’s get our dancing shoes on! (Not really, that’s a sprained ankle waiting to happen).

Recommendation:

3 Are Legend x Justine Prime x Sandro Silva - Raver Dome
Tiësto & The Chainsmokers - Split (Only U)

Rap

Bumping bass drums and synth… What more do you need to get those legs pounding into the sidewalk?

Recommendation:

Chance The Rapper - No Problem
Eminem feat. Juice Wrld - Godzilla

Classical

This feels like something Patrick Bateman might do, but we don’t judge here at Soundcore.

Recommendation:

Rossini - William Tell Overture
Bizet - Prelude to Act 1 of Carmen

Podcasts(?!)

I was surprised by the number of people in the Soundcore offices who listen to podcasts while they are working out! Unless it’s Richard Simmons pushing me to squeeze out one more rep, I’m simply not interested.

Recommendation:

No specific recommendations here, just put on NPR or something?!

What about you guys? What are your go-to songs and artists when you’re working out?

3 Likes

You have to have the Rocky theme song and Rocky’s other movie song Eye of the Tiger in any work out playlist. From my childhood and watching wrestling back then, you need to have Black Sabbath song I am Iron Man which was the them song of the Road Warriors.

3 Likes

I seem to remember a post like this in the past…

Nonetheless…

I think my top picks are the classics…

• Eye of the Tiger (Survivor
  • Burning Heart (survivor)
  • Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)
4 Likes

Good memory…

I did a post back in Sept when we were first starting and I had my water leak. It was when I should get back into being a little more active after the digging I had to do and realized I was not a spring chicken anymore. LOL Well that did not go as I wanted too… LOL Now I am at home in a wooded area with a lack of a walking path… LOL

2 Likes

I was thinking of that thread, and getting it mixed up with this one as well.

1 Like

I remember that one as well.

1 Like

Any Kygo remix will do. Plug this in whilst I’m on the rowing machine.

4 Likes

I dont go to gym much these days… Everything is closed… :worried:

1 Like

Lets add something classical .
“La gazza ladra” Giaocchino Rossini

But there is Rossini’s Wilhelm Tell already.

So lets move to something new:
Philip Glass “The Hours”

Starting slow, but getting faster, same a exercises should do. :smiley:

There is much more to be found from that composer at YT.
Take a look.

1 Like

I haven’t been to the gym since I had my knee surgery last year, sadly I will be having another knee surgery soon or in the coming months so I will just be working out from home. My music will consist of these songs to get me pumped:

• Turn Down for What (DJ Snake, Lil Jon)
  • Started from the Bottom (Drake)
  • Lose Yourself (Eminem)
  • Till I Collapse – feat. Nate Dogg (Eminem)
  • Monster – feat. Rick Ross (Kanye West)
  • Power (Kanye West)
  • Can’t Hold Us – feat. Ray Dalton (Macklemore & Ryan Lewis)
4 Likes

I spend a lot of time in the gym. Roughly 2 hours at time, 3 to 4 times a week. Its one of my happy quiet places (slap on my Soundcore Space NC and drown out the world around me) At one time I was training for strong man but never got far enough long before I realized my body had to many health issues to be successful. Now I lift because I like being strong and being able to do things that would have been difficult a few years ago. Sadly when my gym closed I got lazy and I haven’t lifted since late February. Because my autoimmune issues my doc hasn’t authorized me to go back to work full time or go to the gym. I’ve lost a lot of weight and even hit my target weight lose that my doc wants me to be at. But I kept the fat and lost close to 30 lbs of dense muscle mass. Mostly been doing some back county hiking at the national wildlife refuge near our property and lots of manual labor projects around the property.

So when I finally get back to the gym I will have my playlist ready to go.
Spotify has a couple of good gym playlists that are designed for weight lifters and other athletes in training sessions.

One list is called Beast Mode and its full of heavy Rap and electronic music. Its not my favorite list but sometimes I’m in the mode for this. The list is always updating.

The other list I can’t remember the name. Buts full of Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, and other heavy rock music from the 80s, 90s and through today. It updates as well.

Then I have my custom playlists that have a mixture of Rock and Rap.
The current list has Godsmack, FiveFinger Death Punch, Metallica (mostly 80s), Megadeath, Motorhead, and Ice Cube, Migos, Desiigner, Kendrick Lamar, Diplo, Redman, Method Man, Wu Tang Clan, Old Dirty B*stard, and Cypress Hill. Those are just a few bands off the top of my head.

As to the songs -
Godsmack - Crying Like a B*tch gets me pumped when I’m really tired or lifting a ton of weight on the squat rack.

Almost any song from Five Finger Death Punch gets me moving especially during tire flipping, 300lb farmer walks, and sled workouts.

2 Likes

My favourite currently is The Annual 2019. Has to be high energy with great beats. The State of Trance (Armin Van Buuren) is a good podcast or Album for a workout too!

2 Likes

All great ideas thank you

Wow a golden oldie thread

1 Like