Sleep A10 right earbud issues

Recently purchased Sleep A10 to assist with sleeping. I’ve only been using them in sleep mode and been having issues with the right bud. During use the volume in the right bud will drop within a few minutes, moving the soundstage to the left. If I pause then play again, the right bud plays fine again for a few more minutes, then it occurs again.

Then after an hour or so, the right bud will stop playing completely. The only way I can reset it is to put the buds into the case and then re-insert them.

Any suggestrions?

Have you yet tried to reset them?

1 Like

Do a reset.
If this doesn’t help, you should contact the support
The buds are under warranty.

1 Like

Thanks, just did a reset, will see how it goes tonight.

2 Likes

Tell us if there was a success.
The buds are a new model so there is not so much experience.

Sometimes something as simple as a phone reboot helps.

I don’t have these A10 but other Soundcore products if I get an unreliability issue a phone reboot fixes it.

I am not sure these A10 have been designed for the use case. If I were engineering these I’d have them work in a quasi standalone mode where they mostly work without a phone, that means no bluetooth issues and none of the battery drain of communicating constantly with the phone. It is not clear to me they designed as such.

Sleep mode does not have to use BT on the phone. It was working fine with BT off.

1 Like

Cool.

Anker / Soundcore tend to not work weekends so it’s probably best to try tonight, if not working, try another reset tomorrow, if still not working then email Sunday with proof of purchase, serial number (photos off package label) of the unit itself (to prove not damaged), say you’ve tried reset twice and your home delivery address. They usually then send on Monday a return label and dispatch replacement once you post. It is faster to do an Amazon return and buy another unit but Amazon doesn’t like you doing that too many times.

Yeah, same issues last night and no sleep data recorded. I’ll log a ticket.

I would assume you need BT on for it to record the Data to the App. Did you have BT on when it didn’t record the Data?

Yup, tested with BT on and off over multiple sleeps. Support ticket has been logged.

2 Likes

So, I have an important question for you. Would you recommend buying these from your experience with them, or have you found a pair that works better for you? I am really wanting to get them myself, because I have tried several others that just don’t do the trick for sleeping for me. Beats, for me, are aweful; Samsung Buds Pro are not “all that” for me either! I can’t use my Liberty 2 Earbuds Pro – that I absolutely LOVE-- either… Last question: do you find that after some use they give you an earache? Looking forward to hearing about what you think! :woman_student:

I cannot recommend them I’m afraid. I sent mine back for warranty replacement but they had no units to ship, so got a refund. Bought the Bose Sleepbuds II and not looked back. More than I wanted to spend but I can sleep for 10 hours with them constantly working in both ears without issues.

I myself didn’t really care for Beats much, they gave me earache also. Thanks for telling about your experience. Unfortunately the Sleep A10 is still out of stock. I’m glad you were able to find some that works for you…

Did you solve the issue? I have exactly the same issue :frowning:

I know this thread is old but I had a similar problem and it may help someonelse. As it turned out that there was a build up of wax in the metal grill of the driver and not just on it. My solution was to wet a cotton bud with 100% alcohol and press it against the metal grill breifly, then using a dry bud dry it off. You may need to do this a few times, be sure not to soak the earbud, the cottonbud needs to be damp enough to breakdown the excess wax.

I love my A10s by the way, ok the battery in sleep mode is only around 6hrs 30 mins give or take at full volume but they are tiny and the sound is quiet good to listen to music during the day or going to sleep at night. given the the other products at this price point are rubbish ( I’ve tried a few !) I had no regrets with mine. These buds easily sit within the same bracket of products that are twice the price or more. I’m just hoping the next Gen A10’s can improve battery length 'cause I’ll be the first to buy them.

1 Like

^This. I did all the other things, then found this…

Worked for me: Use Q-Tips and rubbing alcohol to clean the speaker and buds.

Took a couple passes, but now they are as clear as when I first purchased them.

PS: These are the BEST sleeping earbuds I have ever found and I have tried so many. I can highly recommend the Anker Soundcore sleep A10 earbuds! They have helped my sleeping health SO much!

Thanks for all!