Smart speaker recommendations

I used to use amazon echo dots at home. But in spite of having good wifi and broadband they kept stopping when playing music.
Given the lack of any support I changed to google home minis. We now have six home/nest minis around the house with 2 as a stereo pair.
Google play music was good but they killed it, I have been using Spotify instead.
The problem I now have is the google nest minis have become very poor.
One only responds after shouting a few times.
The most annoying thing being music stopping for no reason. Today songs only played for 20 seconds before stopping.
After I unplugged them and threw them into the garden, music streamed via my phone to a portal device worked fine.

I am ready to bin the google devices.

Does anyone have an recommendations for reliable smart speakers - preferably soundcore or anker?

1 Like

I don’t think that soundcore/anker sell any smart speakers, unless you count the powerconf series. But this would be a cool thing to have!

2 Likes

I don’t think they make any smart speakers either, to echo what @supersmacker1234 posted. I just take my Motion Booms to whatever room I’m in. I have internet radio and my CD catalog ripped to my phone and PC so I can hear whatever I want. Good luck on your quest to find what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Well I would suggest the flare 2s but they aren’t smart like the google or amazon speakers… you’d need to triple press the button I think to get access to Siri or bixby… and then off to the races…

Could also trigger from you phone too.

Best part, is you can have more than 2 pair :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

soundcore i thought had like the flare + at one point or maybe the flare s that was smart speaker like but didnt really take off and i dont think its really what youre looking for. I too miss google play music it was just easier with it for sure

Your solution with 2x Boom is fantastic
:+1:t2:.
Very good sound and easy transfer of the speakers to any place in the house and, for example, to the garden.

2 Likes