Sound ore Q35&Sleep mode

Hi,
Just got my Q35 headphones today, just wondering what the idea is behind sleep mode? Because I can’t image it’s that comfortable to fall asleep in bed with them on not to mention it could break them?

2 Likes

Yes they are comfortable to sleep in, but yes they do appear to break.

Thanks imagine if you sleep on your front or back there ok. But the moment you sleep on your side from the start or mid-sleep would be uncomfortable or break.
I’m wondering if sleep mode is another way for saying relaxation mode in that they help you unwind but you take them off to actually sleep.

1 Like

Well if you find them uncomfortable then you don’t sleep in them. They are very comfortable. But the sliding mechanism does break.

Some use it to add to the ANC to disrupt distraction, or to sleep.

Good point I didn’t think of using it as an added lay of noise cancellation.
As a side note is Anc the same as noise cancellation?

1 Like

Active noise cancellation ANC is lowering the low rumble sound but adds hiss so best used with something playing.

You can see how it works here

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-4/graph#24748/4053

Passive noise isolation is when ANC off, sound is blocked physical by having them over your ears, you it doesn’t block low bass but does block higher frequencies.

When you enable ANC then it blocks bass but adds some hiss at trebles.

2 Likes

Oh thanks for your help in this and other posts of mine

2 Likes

I think if you sleep on your back and don’t toss and turn it would probably be alright. Personally, I think it’s better if your sitting in a chair and just want to relax (I’m thinking recliner).

2 Likes

The best use of these when sleeping is in a recliner, kick back and unwind listening to the soothing sleeping sounds

2 Likes

Ok thanks everyone

I’d contemplate using the sleep function while travelling as a passenger… like an airplane or bus…

Might be tricky in a car… but definitely seated and not laying down would be my suggestion.

2 Likes

I use the sleep mode more as a white noise generator when needing background sounds to focus sometimes but not for sleeping

3 Likes

I fall asleep in the evening very quickly in maybe a minute. As you wrote - in my opinion - the best for falling asleep or relaxing in an armchair during the day. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes