Soundcore App update

Soundcore App update available for Android

Wonder what “new equipment” ?

Looked through and nothing stands out but may be more Party speakers now?

Didn’t checked list of supported devices before updating so can’t say nothing about added devices

there’s nothing new that’s visible, though, as far as i’ve seen they can hide new devices until they are officially released. As of now I believe the next release is going to be some variation of the Motion Boom, since there’s been some new stuff on the FCC listings.

1 Like

There’s some kind of party speaker at FCC, A3391J looks a variant of the Rave A3391. The Party list in app looks somehow a little longer.

Hang on… I can use APK mirror and role back… give me a minute…

EDIT: rolled back and screenshot differences, no differences, all speakers the same before / now.

1 Like

Interesting. They do declare it’s the same as the Rave, so that puts into question what’s changed. It was very recently added to the FCC site so it will be a few months wait before release.

If they state to FCC same then nothing which impacts electromagnetics has changed. So e.g. different battery size, or different plastic shape (handle). The chipset, radio signal strength, etc, all has to be the same to not need to re-test.

I think Soundcore did right in 2020 to do Powerconf and more multimode products for the work-from-home type problems, not sure another party speaker would be that a much of a commercial success for some months yet.

I should mention I was aware of a party speaker coming, as I received a survey 10 days ago to see if I was eligible for beta testing. Chances are I’m not since I don’t host parties :rofl:. But here’s the link if you wanna look it over https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfp_6IU8aCEzmki4vKFhCyxom5FtVdXfQENXcN2Z5k5X0ulXQ/viewform

Maybe something is coming in the future who knows

Looked at the app and speakers etc… i wonder what the Mega Speaker is in the party lineup of speakers havent seen that yet but maybe im just slackin lol!!

1 Like

I am thinking about a couple of months ago somebody did mention it but not really that much talk about it yet though.

There were some rumors around in the last month or two, but all been overshadowed by the L2AP announcements. We’ll probably see more once that settles down.

I’ve seen it listed on the Costco site here, but haven’t investigated specs yet.

It’s a bigger sized rave by the looks.