Soundcore audio frames magnetic charging cable

As far as the frames goes, I believe that several people will need the charging cable or an extra charging cable. This is on ebay and is sold by ankerdirect.

I am posting this due to we recently had a beta tester on here and they were having issues and me and @The_Professor gave a few recommendations. Based upon the guys answer it was the charging cable. It seemed he paid like 30 dollars for it but anker direct is selling it on ebay for 13 dollars.

Either way it was a lot of money for them to pay for something they could have got for 13 dollars.

Since it was a beta pair, I am not sure if it is the same cable or a slightly different cable. Either way it is nice to know you can get them for a decent price as I thought 30 dollars was a bit steep.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know.

I’m happy they took one of my suggestions from November.

But they need to keep going and do the rest e.g.

I hope to have my set of Frames soon before spring as I do a lot of biking with glasses on.

1 Like

I agree… Either USBC or a charging pad…

I expect a charging bank would require a totally different product, they would have to ditch the connector idea, or use to feed the voltage through the sides (not impossible but means 4V is on the surface)

A wireless pad needs a circular shape, the lens round shape being the ideal shape.

And/or just a non-wireless dock with a built-in battery effectively the same idea as all their TWS buds which are electronically identical just different shape.

Faraday’s Laws are from 1831 so nearly 200 years old. A changing magnetic field induces a magnetic field which then induces an electric field. As the induction is at a right angle to the field, the electrons want to flow in a circle in presence of magnetic field.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/farlaw.html#:~:text=Any%20change%20in%20the%20magnetic,"induced"%20in%20the%20coil.&text=The%20induced%20emf%20in%20a,of%20charge%20with%20magnetic%20field.

Those interested in the physics this is a digestible entertaining method but you do need to have to a minimal level of math, this is the pertinent one but is from a series I’d encourage to do the set.

Both wireless pad and a powerbank magnetic drop-on base are highly viable. The drop-on magnetic charger would be a cigar shape, the wireless pad would be palm shape.

1 Like

There was options that I see than just the connectors.

They could have done a case type device as well. You could just have done a small powerbank type device with magnets on the sides to connect the temples too.

Either as you stated USBC port or device to charge it than the wired cable. I think a device they can sit or attach to and then connect with a usbc cable.

Agree.

Viable option with current product:

• magnetic cigar shaped with battery case which is nothing more complex than a longer thinner version of existing TWS buds cases. It could be wireless charged itself. This is trivial and can come now.
  • USB-C cable.

Option for a future to-be-made product:

• wireless charging via different fronts. I’d have to think hard how to do both get the wireless part nearby and not scratch the lens. Concern is the added weight at front. More complex, potentially cannot come soon due to the engineering challenges. Interesting engineering problem!

I know we both want these. :slight_smile: I think we want to improve them for the version two :rofl:

I am about to the point to where I am about to get them with some notes… I was wanting to get a few more reviews of them… but will say that I have not really been searching them out lately.

Found this one on Amazon now.

1. I like that they are doing it for multiple sites. 2. I also like that they are not charging an arm and a leg for them. I was thinking that 30 dollars for the cable was a little high from that beta user’s thread. I would be tempted to just get a second one if I ever commit to it.