Soundcore boost speakers keep cutting in and out with a crackle

I just received my pair of Anker Souncore Boost speakers and connected them with TWS, no issues there. They worked great for the first 5 minutes. Then I downloaded the soundcore app and starting sampling through the different eq settings, and suddenly they both cut out and one of them made a constant buzzing sound. I turned them off and on again, as well as my phone, but now they constantly cut in and out with a crackle. It’s random, but frequent, about every 20 seconds I would say, on average.

I’ve switched them off and on about three times so far, and played around with restarting my phone and not opening the app at all.

I really hope there’s a solution for this as they were great while they lasted and I’d rather not return them. Has anyone else had this? thanks

I’ve also just tried unpairing them from my phone, clearing bluetooth data and cache and restarting everything. It’s still happening :frowning:

I don’t own these but seen threads of those who do.

They initially worked - great - that means the speakers are physically working, eliminates that as a cause.

When you used the app, did you connect both speakers to the phone to then connect with the app and let them firmware upgrade? If you had done that then the slave speaker may be still connected to the phone along with the master and that is causing the issue.

TWS does not allow EQ settings (as I have read here, but I may be wrong)

So what I’d do is very assuredly purge it all back to the original. Uninstall the app.

Delete all pairings, on everything, turn bluetooth off. Reset each speaker.

Then pair only one of them to be the master. Following the TWS process you already know. Should now work.

Do not use the app with the speakers after you have used them one time only to check and do any firmware updates.

Thanks for the advice - really appreciated, however they are still not working sadly.

When you used the app, did you connect both speakers to the phone to then connect with the app and let them firmware upgrade? no, the method I found worked was to turn both speakers on, let them automatically pair, and then switch on bluetooth on my phone. Doing it this way, I only had to pair with the master speaker (blue power button, as opposed to white which is the slave). Only one speaker paired to my phone.

If you had done that then the slave speaker may be still connected to the phone along with the master and that is causing the issue. (not that then!)

TWS does not allow EQ settings (as I have read here, but I may be wrong) I found it was working fine, until they both suddenly switched off and one started buzzing loudly.

So what I’d do is very assuredly purge it all back to the original. Uninstall the app. Before doing this I checked the speakers by connecting them separately, the master speaker had up to date firmware, the slave needed an update, so I did that and then uninstalled the app.

Delete all pairings, on everything, turn bluetooth off. Reset each speaker. done, except ‘reset speaker’, I can only power them on and off right now, tried searching if there’s a hard reset button combo but not found anything on that.

Then pair only one of them to be the master. Following the TWS process you already know. Should now work. done, except they automatically paired with each other (I guess I would need to factory reset if I wanted them to forget the TWS pairing they have between each other). I have also just updated my android software for good measure.

Do not use the app with the speakers after you have used them one time only to check and do any firmware updates. not sure what you mean here? But after going through the process above, they are still doing it :frowning:

I would try what @The_Professor suggested.

However I have 2 Motion Booms I run in TWS. The EQ is active in TWS, but the seeings are what you have set for the Master speaker. I tested it once by setting all the sliders down on the slave, but they both played the same seeing as what I had set on the master (but that was when I first got them, I haven’t tested it again since).

I also have both of them paired with my phone so I can rotate them when only using one (I use one in my Golf Cart). I labeled them as Old and New Motion Boom in my phones BT (1 is a few weeks older than the the other)

When I turn them on when they are in range of each other, they automatically go into TWS and only the Master’s BT light is lit. TWS works great on my Booms!

Source

I still think you’ve got an accidental both connected to phone somehow, so a reset should help purge any pairings.

1 Like

Thanks both. I turned both speakers off, then just one on, tried a hard reset (press and hold play button + bassup button), but nothing happened. Turned it off, turned the other on, tried on that one, still nothing. It doesn’t seen like that’s the correct button combo for the Soundcore Boost?

Since doing all the reset and uninstall stuff, I’ve only ever paired one speaker to my phone, there is no pair history for the other speaker, I’m pretty sure it’s not connected (i.e. they are not both connected somehow, only one, unless something very strange is going on behind the scenes)

Are they both the same?

Soundcore Boost, or Soundcore Boost UPGRADED? There’s two identical-looking versions. I don’t own either (currently).

https://support.soundcore.com/s/article/The-Main-Differences-Between-The-Original-and-Upgraded-Version-of-Soundcore-Boost-Speaker

I’d still dig deeper into doing reset. It would be the most common method you keep being pointed to fix.

and here

https://support.soundcore.com/s/article/How-Do-I-Reset-Upgraded-Soundcore-Boost

Yes both brand new Soundcore Boost UPGRADED versions with usb C and TWS buttons. I’ve tried holding the two buttons down for ages, definitely not the right combo on this pair

Found the official instructions

https://support.soundcore.com/s/article/How-Do-I-Reset-Upgraded-Soundcore-Boost

Regardless of what is at fault and the fix, you’ll always be asked to go back to a reset before anything else. These probably are the right instructions, the other ones probably for the older version of the Boost.

1 Like

I don’t have the Boost, but this is how you reset the Motion Boom. If you can’t get it to work try this:

How do I reset Motion Boom?
Hold the Bluetooth and Volume+ buttons down at the same time for 5-10 seconds until Motion Boom restarts.

Thank you so much for the help! It looks like this has fixed it!!

Just to be clear for others, it was the official instructions you found (hold TWS and Volume+ buttons to factory reset). But for me they made a sort of twinkling down sound and then the switch off sound, something like that, but def no voice prompt)

I wonder if I reinstall the app to tweak the eq settings it will happen again…!

Also I guess one of my speakers will need the firmware upgrade again?

1 Like

Resetting the speaker shouldn’t wipe out your previous Firmware update.

1 Like

1 Like

I wouldn’t be afraid to reinstall the App. You always know how to reset them if it happens again. It really shouldn’t happen again.

Firmware upgrades are to the speaker, stored in the speaker and you don’t have to re-do

They should be upgraded to latest firmware, then forget.

Yes a reset often does work when speakers get confused - once you find the correct instructions. In this case same product name found the older version of instructions but we got there in the end.

I’d not be afraid now to experiment and play, if they get confused again then reset again until you find a setup which works for you.

Enjoy.

1 Like

Never had any problems with TWS and eq.

1 Like

I stand corrected.

So where did I get impression it did? Partycast???

I see huge work was to fix the issue :+1: