Soundcore Exchange Section

I think at times we need to get over these tendencies to get “FREE” Anker or Soundcore products electronic ones…

I would really like to see Soundcore.and Anker do away from these Notes and Bucks…

Focus on more on content and interactions

Instead replace all the Soundcore products in Exchange section with " Soundcore Merchandise such as Tshirt, Mugs, Caps, … All Non-electronic" stuff and provide “Coupons” for discounts such as 50% or 60% discounts… Make these members buy stuff and not simple exchange Good Exchange for notes…

Some feedback to @Loz and Soundcore staff …

What are your thoughts about these Notes ?

• Replace Electronic products in Exchange to Coupons only.
  • Replace products in Exchange to Soundcore Merchandise (caps, t-shirts, mugs…)
  • Leave it as - is… I only want free stuff

0 voters

1 Like

While I partly agree and it that would be good for still pushing the brand while cutting down the freebie aspect, it would also alienate any country except the US, so for me it would have to be option 3 of leave at is…not for the sake of ‘getting free stuff’ but to make it fairer to all regions to benefit in one way or another for contributing to the community…

1 Like

Coupons would still be available for countries outside US. Merchandise should be made available anywhere in the world since these would be shipped anyway.

The freebie thing is good only via contests and not the bucks or notes… this will also make the overall user count and the referral thing more genuine

Coupons are US only at present but if they were opened up to Amazon it could work…

1 Like

That is a good point, and should be implemented.

Don’t see a reason why Soundcore cannot create specific Amazon codes for members requesting coupons for specific geographies

I’m not sure whether I agree or disagree but mostly I find it interesting that someone asked for less free stuff.

2 Likes

Leave things as it is, as @ndalby pointed out unless they drastically change their system to work for all parts of the world then they need to leave it as is. In fact as it is now its partial to the US anyway and unfair to other countries so they are still limited to what they can get and use

1 Like

If not coupons how about merchandise… Don’t Level 7 and up get Tshirts from Anker… Why can this be not done for Soundcore.

A coupon would be kind of nice too. Buy something you really want, may increase diverse variety of reviews. Pushing things they would like us to review is still nice too though.

1 Like

I feel like this is one potential solution to the problem you stated. Currently the community has a bit of bloat but I think that is mostly artifact from the September contest. I would imagine such changes would result in an initial decline in community engagement and I’m unsure what effect it would have in the long run. Already the community is mainly dominated by 10 - 20 people so that might end up being your community…

1 Like

As @ndalby said, if the online Soundcore store is opened up to countries such as UK & DE, I think replacing all the free products with coupons would be a good idea. Although I do like the idea of them being almost free… maybe like 80%-90% off coupons.

1 Like

Merchandise or coupons would be the way to go…

The faster Soundcore implements it the better

Freebie would still be there through the events and contests through Social Media

My thoughts as well.

1 Like

I guess I’m confused on the distinction between getting the Liberty Neos (50 USD) for 250 notes and getting a 50 USD coupon that can get anything including the Liberty Neos. All of the products are not available for exchange so its possible that by having the merchandise on there it actually benefits Soundcore as it directs the community to specific items.

1 Like

I think having free options to try out stuff is really cool, because then we can recommend to other people and they will buy it. And based of the quality that Anker and Soundcore, we are most likely going to buy more products even after getting something for free. I know I’ve bought way more products than I’ve gotten for free. The free stuff is just an awesome surprise. But I think having access to gear like shirts and stuff that we can buy based on our points would be good.

2 Likes

Agree. The free stuff is the hook for our loyalty.

1 Like

If I hadn’t heard about the possibility of getting something I don’t think I would have signed up for this community. It has definitely made me much more engaged with the brand and far more likely to purchase other things I hear people here talk about (like the Liberty). Otherwise I wouldn’t hear of it and wouldn’t ever think of buying it.

I think the Soundcore strategy is highly successful because I ended up telling several people about Soundcore products: “Guess what? I won X in a giveaway. The company makes really good earphones…”

Now a coupon, instead of free stuff, would make me think twice about joining the community in the first place. I don’t think it would have gotten me over the signup hurdle!

1 Like

I’ll explain. If you get the liberty neos, you get the full value of Your notes. You are spending them at the same ratio as the other coupon exchange to get the product

If you want a product that is $45, and you get the $50 coupon, then you will lose $5 in the exchange. So buying products on the page gets you better value, but you are limited to certain products

1 Like

I agree. I will say let it go on for a few more months and then see what happens as the site is new and I believe Soundcore wants to try to get a following to their site. Although I have tested the Spirit X and got them for free, it has gotten me to buy their products as well as giving recommendations to friends and family to buys some of their products based upon my recommendations. I currently have my best friend at work that is borrowing my Soundcore Arc as his earbuds messed up. If he likes those he will buy them as well.

1 Like

Getting it free is a loss-leader for them in the end. 1 product that costs less than retail to manufacture and ship that gets exposure from people posting reviews, telling friends/family/colleagues about it, and everything in between turns more of a profit than traditional advertising a lot of the time

2 Likes