Soundcore Flare firmware update downgrade to older version?

Are older versions of the flare firmware available somewhere? I have the update software and I finally found that you need to use the us version of the website to get to the pdf, youtube clip and download link, but only the 2.52 firmware is available.

Ever since updating to this version my speakers started powering off even when plugged in and the bluetooth connection is more aggressive (a problem when you have more than one device that you regularly connect) and I want the older firmware back to see if that gets rid of these features.

If anyone has the link to the older flare firmware please let me know

Thanks

2 Likes

If you send an email to support, and explain the issues, they sometimes will send a firmware update for you to roll back your device.

Bear in mind, spring festival activities are ongoing, so expect delay until end of next week.

1 Like

:ok_hand: thanks - I sent an email to support, although threads on these forums suggest I might be waiting a while, so I was hoping someone might just know of a page somewhere on the site where older firmware was downloadable :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, only place I know of previous firmware releases isn’t for here, for Samsung devices.

From what I’ve seen on here, it didn’t seem to be too long of a reply, if in fact they had a rollback to send.

Keep us informed as to status.

FYI: After a little pleading on my part I was sent the 2.47 firmware (specifically a30-US282A_A3161_v2.47_180924.rar) … although my speakers must have sensed the impending downgrade as they ceased doing their shutdown thing :man_shrugging: and so I am still running 2.52

On a general note it’s quite common practice for manufacturers to make older versions of firmware available as they know this sort of thing happens where users want to manage the versions.

thanks for the input! :+1:

2 Likes

@benjm Normally, the older versions of the Soundcore speaker do not resolve a powering-off issue. In your case, you can try the following information to see if it helps:

• Holding the “BassUP” and “Play/Pause” buttons for 8S at the same time to reset. When it reset successfully, the bass up and light indicators will flash twice and the speaker will power off
  • Try using a different cable and wall charger to fully charge the speaker
1 Like