Soundcore Frames information for prescription lenses

Perhaps I misrepresented the suggestion. I can understand why Soundcore would not provide it’s own lens service, as that’s way off being about sound. I only suggest you publish the frame size templates and possible some instructions etc so facilitate it simply be forwarded to a lens company.

That should bypass many disparate owners going to their own local unique opticians who all end up doing the identical step of measuring and the delay associated.

Also stating which Frames suit prescription. So on your website each frame has “suitable for prescription” or “not suitable for prescription” and when suitable the technical details required.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @richard.wu. I’m sure people that wear Prescription Glasses will appreciate it! :+1:

2 Likes

Hm, measurements in/or inch/cm.
I am not sure that standard lenses in countries using the metric system would fit in others using inch.
Not clear at all.

It doesn’t matter so long as it’s clear. Most technical documents use metric as it’s simpler to do maths in metric.

I see. It is a good suggestion. The current data we provide on listing is enough for our client to build prescription lenses. However, it seems not clear enough to use. We will try to get more user stories and make an instruction. Thanks

1 Like

Cheers.

Not “owning” the lens problem but facilitating others to solve allows you to keep focused. You’re onto a winner with “dumb” fronts and “smart” sides which contain the sound+electronics. The market recoiled from smart fronts.

The sort of things you can do with that focus is improve microphones so it can AI detect keywords, and then once keyword triggered you can use head movements to not then need some swipes. Yes I know involves accelerometers but they put them in smartwatches.

Imagine if you said “Play me some Jazz” and it responded “this one from your playlist” and played something and then a shake of the head made it move to next track. Or a shake up increased volume, shake down reduced volume. Imagine if a keyword like “Richard your tea’s ready” caused a pause.

There’s so much more than lens to keep a good engineer working.

1 Like