Soundcore Frames "the Maverick of Smart Audio glasses"

Maverick is an independent individual who does not go along with a group or party.

As you look at the search for smart audio glasses, you will see some similarity to how they are made. They have bulky arms or the frames are not pretty. There is even one that slips onto existing glasses but are also bulky.

Soundcore Frames are different. They did not go along with the party on how they were to make them. They were independent in their design and function.

The Soundcore Frames arms are slightly thicker than a normal glasses arms are but are not as thick and bulky as most audio glasses are.

The Soundcore Frames went further than just following the front frames with just one frame. They decided to create 10 different Front Frames that can be swapped out to give users different options in the look of their glasses.

As of right now you can buy 8 sunglasses and 2 eye glasses in a kit and you have 10 front frames that you can buy individually. There are a few front frames that are not sunglasses and have a blue tint. These are good for when you want to wear and listen to these in the house and/or to have a prescription added into the frames.

So this is why they are the Maverick of Smart glasses as they did their own thing and did not rely on previous designs.

What comes into the box.

In the box you will get your left and right audio arms, a front frame, a charging cable, a case. A glasses cloth does come with each front frame as well.

Setup for the front frames are easy to put together without instruction but a few things are needed to be stated.

1. They provide a card that will state to make sure the soundcore logo are located on the outside of the frames. The frames does not have a L or R on them.

2. When taking them on and off, you may need to readjust how you are holding the arms and front frames in order to connect or disconnect them. Sometimes they do not slide in or out as easily as it should.

Charging

The charging cable has two magnets attachment that goes to each arm to charge the arms and has a USB A on the other end. Due to the look of this cable, I ended up buying another one so that I will not be without as the cable does seem pretty thin and seems that it would

Audio

The frames uses 4 speakers (2 on each side) to have delivered an open environment sound delivery. So it is just speakers for the ear. It will never be as good as LDAC, ANC, or ACAA quality. The sound is is actually pretty good and is comparable to other earbuds per say.

It is true transparency headset. So in a quiet area they sound pretty good. In some traffic and other noise, it can sound good but you are aware of your environment and then as the outside noise is louder, it will overtake the speakers. As I was walking to work they were washing the sidewalk and I could still hear the music but when I got to my office and somebody was running a vacuum the speakers were overtaken and I could not hear the music.

Microphone

I do limit myself in the use of earbuds with the use of a phone but I have used it several times here recently. Overall, I have not had any complaints of anybody not hearing me while on the phone.

I have also called myself while I had a radio playing and I felt that they were able to pick out my voice and the radio was not picked up.

Touch controls and auto detect

As of this review, I have had limited use of the touch controls as I have not tested that as much. The one touch control that I use the most is to turn them on. This is activated in the curve of the arms. They do work pretty well.

When I have used them, I have found the auto detect to be really responsive and activate as they should.

App support

See bottom corner

There is a typical app support that will let you make changes to the EQ or controls and such and it was shown in another review. I think what did catch my eye is that once connected, you can switch the front frames shown on the app when connected. I am not sure if it is for fun or if it has another function to maybe help balance out the sound of different frames(for an example).

Polarized glasses

Overall, I find the Front Frames to be pretty good. Although as stated by The Professor, you do have some reflection but for me it is not enough not to enjoy them.

I will say that I decided to wear them at my office as they keep the lights way too bright. It was nice to be able to downplay the brightness to reduce eye strain.

It was during this time that I remembered that some tablets or monitors are polarized. So if you want to do a polarized test for your glasses or other screen, you can take your glasses and view a monitor and then turn your frames. If the device is polarized the glasses when turned should turn black as two polarized glass should cancel out each other.

My office friends reviews:

As I did wear them I wore them in the office as well. I got some comments when I was showing them off and got several positive comments when they tried them on such has:

Wow those are sweet

You are a high tech redneck now and what else will they think of doing

Those sound real good

Those are very nice…

Overall review

I will say that I do like them very much and have exceeded my expectations of how they sound and the feel of them on my head. If you are in a loud area, I would consider using another pair of earbuds but for most instances, you could get by with these depending on the decibels of the sound and proximity to your location. So these may not be an everywhere item.

Wishlist:

As stated I would love if they made some non audio arms. This way you can use these non audio arms and basically have two sunglasses. I would also think this would be a great technology to be used for regular glasses. I have had times where my son has bent the arms and you have to try to fix them as best as you can.

My biggest complaint is probably the case that comes with it. When I fold them they do not fold as well as normal glasses and the case they provide are just enough for it to fit in. I have bought a case to see if they will sit in it better and not feel swished.

The second complaint is the charging cable. I wish it had a little more thickness to it and not look as if it could break so easily. I would love to see a wireless option for this as well.

6 Likes

Really nice review. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Nicely put, have you considered any other front frames?

You mentioned you had the radio on and made a call? Did you have the call through the glasses as well as the music, both on at same time?

1 Like

I have the Wander and the Tour frames. Both seems pretty good. I went ahead got the Promenade for indoor use/driving at night if needed as they are clear frames. I will try to upload the audio here in the near future…

I am not sure about another frame than Promenade. Harbor and tour are similar make as well was wander and the landmark black. (the 4 for me that are “guy” frames). While some of the others are more feminine glasses (It is not due to the design per say but since those are smaller framed glasses and most guys have a bigger head).

If I did get one, it would be one that my wife would like.

Prices on glasses have fluxuated a lot. One of them on Amazon was about 100 dollar once. Soundcore site has had them going from 200 to 129 (with or without a code at times).

Will say you can find several of the front frames for about 30 most days.

1 Like

Thanks for the flags on some of the duplicates. The funny thing is I had deleted all of the ones you state that day. I guess do that for all found and hope they stay deleted LOL

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your interesting review! :+1:

1 Like

Nice review and photos. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Sorry… I had a radio at my desk (not playing on the device). I was just stating the mic picked up my voice and did not really pick up the radio near me…

I can try to see what happens if I play something and then try to call someone. I am figuring the music will stop and the phone will tkae over…

1 Like

If you buy separately the cable it is thicker.

Yes as per I wrote in my earlier review.

It would be logical to make a battery case as per my idea 3 months ago.

If they do copy my idea from 3 months ago and make a battery case I’d happily review. It would be easy to make too big a case, I hope they consult before releasing as too big will mean you’d not carry it. Shape of the case would be critical to success.

1 Like

I have one on the way. Hope my second one will be thicker (which it probably is . Will use the provided one as it does have the warranty.

For the case, I actually found a few clam shelled cases that I will use until I find a potentially better option. They are a little bigger

All in all a pretty cool product.

1 Like

If anyone is reading my ideas I suggest a charging case comes with a cable as folks wouldn’t want to be moving the one cable they own in out of case and have a soft inner pocket for the lens cleaner and make it USBC without some inaccurate notion we’re all stuck in the past USB A B.

1 Like

I did get my extra set in and they do seem to be thicker as stated.

I was initially thinking it was the same thin charging cord as I was wondering about how they were boxed and it looked like the same box as what it came in.

1 Like

My guess is due to manufacturing date, those who buy Frames further in the future will be getting the thicker cable as they learned it was too thin in late beta too late to change the initial batches of cables.

Therefore I’d expect if your original bundled cable fails your warranty replacement would be the later thicker type.

I’ve used my Frames daily for a month and keep a charging cable in the usual places, I’ve already done a warranty replacement so have 3 cables, I keep one by bed, one in kitchen and one in my travel bag.

1 Like