Soundcore Frames won't turn on anymore - SOLVED

I don’t get it :joy: Might be the language barrier though …

I like the swappable frames because you can use the temples with prescription glasses. Which is a huge plus for every person that has to wear glasses anyway. Normally those people wouldn’t be able to use e.g. the sunglasses or the bluelight filtered glasses and therefore wouldn’t be able to use the Sound frames at all.
I think it’s rather clever to include those people in the market group.

Wireless charging for the temples would make the most sense for me. This way you could just put the glasses on a pad and maybe even have a specially designed case for them as @Duane_Lester suggested. Similar to the one of the Liberty Pro Case.
But a wireless charging pad would suffice too I think. This way you could place the frames on the pad on your table e.g. next to your laptop and have them loading while you have a lunch break or something like that …
And a wireless charging pad is quite sturdy. Plus you wouldn’t have to fiddle with the hinges or disconnect the temples from the front glasses.

My vote is for a wireless charging pad :smile::+1:

2 Likes

I am not saying the swappable fronts is a bad idea, just there is an alternative approach for the next iteration or if this becomes a family of products.

Presently in UK a full set of Frames is £120 and a spare front is £50, so to get “two” sets is £170.

Suppose you could get two sets for £170 instead?

Suppose the fronts were not swappable. That would allow for the front to then contain electronics, such as a wireless charging ring in the frame, and it would allow to place microphone in the nose bridge so it is nearer the mouth, or could mean 2 extra microphones to better filter sounds.

I don’t need prescription lenses, but I know plenty do. For me my need is not far off here in northern hemisphere when Spring begins of biking and needing to keep insects out of eyes, with a dark polarized for daytime and a clear lens for evening/night. I pretty much need such for 8 months of the year.

Ah, now I understand.
Thanks for clarifying it!

Mhm, I really like the idea of swappable fronts but I can see what you mean. Instead of having swappable fronts, you suggest buying more kinds of ready-built-frames, right?

I understand where you are coming from but I think the majority of the market these days is rather focused on the price of things. So imagine a company telling you to not only buy one headphone off them but at least two or three of the same kind. Just differing in the design.
I’d think they were crazy.
Like a white kind of ear buds and a black one. One for the day one for the night … Ain’t nobody got money for that :joy:

But you see, I’m using them for everyday-purpose. I’m not doing sports like mountain biking with them. So I can’t say how they would hold up qualitywise in that field.

I really understand what you mean though. You are a person that is focused on the quality of goods. However, I think the majority of the market is not. It’s either the brand name or the price. That’s how I feel.

I’m a buyer that tries to get the best quality/price balance. So I compare a lot. And I’m willing to pay more to get better quality and have a better user experience in the long run. But just look at e.g. amazon market place. The cheap dupes get the most reviews.

The microphone is, by the way, doing a really good job! I phoned a lot of people while wearing the frames and nobody even noticed. It’s just a bit loud when it’s windy but I have the same problem with my mobile phone. The microphone is, in fact, better than the one my Liberty Pro 2 Buds have! I was really suprised myself!

- UPDATE - PROBLEM SOLVED WITH NEW CHARGING CABLE -

I got the new charging cable today and they’re back!!! THE FRAMES ARE BACK!!! Wooooohoooo! :dancer:

The new charging cable also is a lot thicker than the old one. The green lights were on for quite a bit so I think the charging must indeed have failed with the old cable.

It did take a while for them to turn on again, though. They didn’t do that immediately so I kind of randomly started to press the temples because I got so desperate.
And then suddenly the sound of heaven rang in my ears … yeeees!

They probably just needed some time to reboot and get back from the dead while I got impatient :sweat_smile:

I’m updating them right now.

Oh, I’m so relieved! I don’t have the money to buy new ones atm and I would have missed them so much! Welcome back my framies :eyeglasses::heart::heart_eyes:

I hope I don’t get anymore problems like this …

Summary of the trouble shooting:
1.) Get a new charging cable
2.) Charge the frames
3.) Put them on and wait for a few minutes
3b) If they don’t turn on on their own, try pressing the temples especially the area where they curve - I did that while still wearing them
4.) Update the frames if necessary
5.) Calibrate them again, just in case

This is how it worked out for me :blush::blush::blush:

Thanks so much to everyone who tried to help me!!!

3 Likes

Cool, it was the cable and sounds like they already knew the issue.

Next prediction: the connecting hinge fails.

1. Grats on they are working again for you.

2. It is nice to hear the new cable is a lot thicker than the one that you had. Hopefully that should last for a decent amount of time.

1 Like

Question is the thicker one what was sold in production, post-beta or are owners who paid for the Frames have this coming at them soon?

@Edi10 not sure if posting photos of the beta original cable is breaking some kind of rule with Soundcore but if you could show the original (beta) and the replacement cables then others may be able to spot what they have, the older one prone to failure or the newer one which is thicker and (probably+hopefully) less likely to fail.

Glad to hear you got them working again @Edi10. :clap: