Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro - New updated version vs older generation version?

Just wondering if anyone has done a comparison with the new version of the L2P (supporting transparency mode & new HiRes audio codec on Android)?

Worth trading in original L2P & buying the new version?

Are we still waiting on Active Noise Reduction technology on these?

Thanks

2 Likes

If you buy a new version you will pay more and you will lose the aptx codec :slightly_frowning_face:. The new version doesn’t have it.

The new version has a better speaker and little more

1 Like

@miguelangelps09 Where did you read it? It seemed to me that the speakers in both versions are the same…

1 Like

I read in the internet I’m so sorry if it is wrong I will get more informated

1 Like

@miguelangelps09 Ok. I thought you knew something more :slightly_smiling_face:. Have a nice weekend!

Here’s a video on the L2P Upgraded.

These are the original L2P being reviewed, not the updated version

My bad, I posted the wrong video. Sorry about that.

2 Likes

It’s a pretty safe prediction that there’s going to be a L2P+ successor. So I suggest if you own the L2P the addition of Ambient and LDAC and removal of AptX does not warrant upgrade and you should wait.

To add ANC without sacrificing sound quality involves insertion of an in-line mic in the confined space given the armature, which is quite a challenge, I’m sure Soundcore will eventually.

A different question of someone owning neither, well I’d suggest don’t wait and get the L2P+ as ambient is useful for these good passive noise isolation type buds.

Wonder how much different the design it is. Sometimes you can mess with it through the components vs adding stuff to it.

Wonder how much different the design it is. Sometimes you can mess with it through the components vs adding stuff to it.

Thanks for finding this review :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

there’s teardowns out there and they are identical bar the different electronics, chipset.

2 Likes

Have seen a few video reviews, there’s demolished Bluetooth range (especially when using new codec, which is to be expected) & Hear ID2 which just adds personalised tweaks on top of the hear ID setting

If there was a trade in option I would be tempted, but when the Liberty 2 Pros get ANC in the ++ version I think that will be the next buds to buy

Unless you’re an extreme audiophile or desperately need transparency mode I would say wait to upgrade from the lp2 to see if an LP3 is coming in the future (nothing official just speculation based on releases in the past) if you don’t have either I would go for the upgraded because I like transparency mode but if you don’t need that or ldac then I would save some money and get the older ones

I’m on iOS, so pretty easy call for me… OG… :wink:

1 Like