Soundcore Liberty Air 2 - Voice sounds 'faint' and 'Distant'

Hi all,

On the back of some great reviews I purchased the Soundcore Liberty air 2 earphones. I have been using it on a couple of calls now and I get feedback ‘you sound very faint’, ‘It’s like you are talking from the other side of the room’.

I have looked at the app for answers, but it seems the settings mostly relate to the sound coming out of the speakers, not for sound going into the microphones. Am I looking in the wrong place? What can I do to optimize the earphones to primarily be used for phones calls? I am using a Google Pixel 3a Phone primarily. Thanks for your thoughts and comments

Welcome to the Soundcore community, and thanks to @Chiquinho for forwarding you here.

Did you see the reply in the other place?

Hi,

Yes, I did. All settings should be correct. I have attached a photo to show how I found it, which is slightly different from the photo that you are sharing. But it looks like the same

OK we’re likely here going to ask similar questions to a future potential support ticket process, so some of these steps you may already have tried, apologies if repeating.

You’d ideally need another phone nearby to ring yourself, the other phone mute its microphone so you don’t get feedback. Borrow a phone, etc.

• convince yourself you are actually using the right bud’s microphone, tap the right bud (listen on other muted called phone in other ear) and tap the calling phone, be sure you’re louder tapping the right bud than caller phone.

• Reset the buds. You’ll be asked to do this by support anyway so get it done first.

Delete pairing on phone, turn phone bluetooth off, then follow the reset process on video below, then turn phone BT on and pair again with phone.

• During pairing most people take the right bud out first, you then pair with it, then Android offers you to then also pair the left bud ending in “L”.

• There is a potential for hardware issue (it happens) so one bud’s microphone may be not working so well. The good news is you eliminate this as a cause. Put the right bud back in the case, and you should be connected to the L bud, if not then put both buds in case, take out the L bud and then on phone connect to the L bud. Phone yourself and see if that fixes it. If it does then the right bud’s microphone is dud and so decide if you want to do a warranty swap or use L bud-first-out-case fix to avoid the effort of return.

• Try a different phone as the final test, it helps bypass a delay at the next step.

• once you tried all this, if none works, then email service@soundcore.com with proof of purchase, serial number, state the fault and you tried all the above, that will bypass days of email exchange they basically ask you to do the above so you move quickly to them offering replacement.

Good luck and let us know how it goes… if you do find a fix then explicitly full details here so the next person sees your fix.

I just now phoned myself from my Android device (not a Pixel) and my voice was clear so it’s not an issue of bud design, it’s unique to you.

@Tank posted up a good response over on the anker community with regards to this issue…

There were some other good suggestions on that thread as well.

Thanks for the comments all. Switching to Mono seemed to have fixed the issue.

1 Like

Pixel issue specifically? Good you got a fix, but I didn’t need to do that, my LA2 sound fine no workaround.

It’s a pixel 3a. It shouldn’t really matter what issue right, as it will be a software related issue, and the software is the same accross the board.

I resetted as you instructed. I also used it on a zoom call on a windows laptop, where sound was perfectly fine. There is a slight feeling I have overlooked something tbh, but for now it works and I will do some more searching later

1 Like