Soundcore Life A1 microphone not working on Android but working on Windows 10

Hello, I bought the Soundore Life A1 earbuds a week ago. I realised today that the microphone does not work on my android phone (Samsung A71). I tested the earbuds on my windows 10 and the microphone works just fine. how can I get the microphone to work on my phone smoothly? (I already have the ‘Calls’ switch enabled in the bluetooth settings of the earbuds).

Thanks!

You could use the magnifier option and search for Android.
(upper right corner beside your avatar)
I remember there were some threads about and the issues with that OS.

Thank you for your reply. I went through a few threads but unfortunately none of them manages to reach a solution at the end.

OK so you should wait for other members.
I remember one thing
There is a special mode for Android users the so called “developer’s mode”.
There are more options to play around with, but be careful!

That’s weirdly different.

I’d eliminate a pairing failure and do the full reset.

• Delete pairing
  • disable bluetooth.
  • reset the buds

• reboot to recovery, wipe cache (not data), reboot
  • enable bluetooth, pair

Let us know if it works / doesn’t, I have other theories what may be happening.

Isnt there a bluetooth cache which should be deleted as well?
Or was this another OS?

Yes which is why

Sorry I haven’t read that.
But a little bit of redundancy is not bad. :laughing:

Too many time outs and server errors now.

Thanks for your suggestions. However, that still did not resolve the problem; I am still unable to use the earbud’s microphone. Hardware-wise I am sure the microphone works and is seen by the phone because when I used https://mictests.com/ I was able to choose it and test it. However, it does not work in any application or during calls. I tried reseting the earbuds and reseting the bluetooth module on the phone but neither fixes the issue.

You did not mention you’d wiped cache. That part in my step by step post above needs doing, not just doing subsets of it.

My bad, I wasn’t very clear. I reset all the network settings (including Bluetooh), deleted the Bluetooth’s cache, reset the earbuds and rebooted my device. Have I missed something?

Did you do each step exactly in that sequence ? There’s reasons for that sequence.

If you did then it’s possibly a few other issues but it gets increasingly hard to know what is unique to you “try this try that” type challenge.

I have done all that in that order with one minor difference; I am not entirely sure how to reboot into recovery but I managed to reset the network settings as well as delete the bluetooth’s cache without the need for booting in recovery mode, would that cause a problem?

you’re right can’t do it now on that phone.

So I amend.

I’d eliminate a pairing failure and do the full reset.

• Delete pairing
  • disable bluetooth.
  • reset the buds

• Phone, settings, apps, show system, bluetooth, force stop, storage, wipe cache (not data), reboot
  • enable bluetooth, pair

While not a fix, it does help eliminate more common causes, if this doesn’t work then other things can be tried.

Oh I see. That did not work sadly. I retried that process just after sending my earlier message and I am still unable to use the microphone

When you reset, did you wait a minute?

So after

Close the case, leave it alone for 10 minutes.

Then pair.

If you’re wondering why we keep saying reset, it sometimes can take many resets before issues are resolved so you saying you’ve tried reset doesn’t mean stop trying it. Do again!

I tried again now, still no progress unfortunately.

I am wondering if you have privacy setting within your Android device that maybe haven’t been granted for the apps your are wanting to use the microphone with?

I am on iOS, so I cannot test out and advise otherwise.

Also, wondering if in your Bluetooth settings, you have option to choose what type of device the phone sees the earbuds as.

For iOS, sometimes we have speaker, microphone, earbuds, headset…

1 Like

Says doesn’t work in calls, the phone app has already microphone permission…

But yes this is a unique bug so I’d nose around widely in all settings.

This is happening often that Samsung phones have issues with other than Samsung’s buds. Samsung Android too optimized for Samsung buds?

But under the hood there’s lots of settings to make it more generic.

I have OnePlus and Huewei and they work fine.

I believe I checekd the permessions and everything seems to be set up correctly. I have no idea why the microphone still isn’t working