Soundcore life dot 2 no amateur review!

De ex Hi folks, this is going to be my very first attempt at a product review. Up front I need to tell you that there will be some areas where I have little to no feedback to provide. About one month ago I was browsing earbuds on when I came across these. At the time there was literally zero information I could find on these besides the facts provided by Anker. While reading it I realized that the ld2nc’s list of features was quite extensive. Then I caught the price. $79. Unbelievable! I sincerely believed that someone made a sizable error so naturally, I jumped on it. Was They showed up the very next day and immediately opened up the box and went to town. Now, for comparison references I currently own 17 sets of earbuds of all different brands/models. Some could say that I have a “problem.” But in my defense I just love this technology. Anyway, the first thing I noticed was that the fit and finish was very impressive. Questionable quality is definitely not an issue. Next, the pairing procedure was a breeze to both my phone (Galaxy Note9) and my iPad. No waiting or the need to re-pair, smooth. The first thing I explored was the app. The options available is a fidgeter’s dream. Want to check out the anc/ambient modes? No problem as the anc has three different settings to suit your needs while the ambient mode has two. They work reasonably well, however, I do believe there is definitely room to improve. Next up was the sound which I quickly learned is Soundcore’s strong point. The best way I can describe it is super crisp and detailed. The voice of the singer along with the sounds of the instruments is delivered beautifully. The treble is crystal clear and the bass comes through strong enough to satisfy even the biggest bass head. But the icing on the cake is the eq within the app. It provides 22 different preset options along with the aforementioned eq which is incredibly sensitive to adjustment. After I settled on eq settings and lined up some of my favorite tunes I can tell you that the sound is spectacular. By comparison, I would listen to half of a song then swap over to my Jabra 75t’s and finish it. Overall I have to admit that the Jabra’s are better, but we’re talking MAYBE 5% at best. They’re just a tiny bit clearer and a smidge more polished. When you take into account the price difference between the two I would definitely say the Soundcore’s are the better deal, but if price isn’t a factor then go ahead and splurge. Battery life and range are first rate. Although my knowledge of how good the mics are for calls the times I did use them I had no issues and the person on the other end had zero complaints. The feature that I find to be very useful is this community page. I learn so much about every facet of these products. Well, that’s about all I can think of, but if anyone has any questions please feel free to drop me a line. I hope you found this piece useful!

2 Likes

Nice review.

Will say you may want to separate into multiple paragraphs next time and add some pictures.

I know others will say the same and it will help in the presentation. Plus the community seems to love those pictures. Lol

1 Like

Nice review. I agree with @Duane_Lester for some helpful comments. Photos are a great +.

Look forward to seeing more reviews.

Cheers

I don’t think you have a problem I think you have a passion :joy:
I’m glad you enjoy really great review I like others love pictures but that’s a personal thing so if you have some feel free to share if not don’t worry about it.
Really glad you like the buds and that they are great for the price

Thanks for the reply. I’m still kinda new to this and I’m a bit on my own as far as learning how to do certain things, like posting photos. But I’ll be sure to figure it out by my next review. I hope you liked it.

2 Likes

I must admit that I need to learn a bit more by the way of proper paragraph placing. Way back when I was in school I couldn’t quite understand when to end one and start another. Please feel free to give me some tips in that area. Also, I’m relatively new to this and I’m embarrassed to admit that I don’t know how to post photos quite yet. However, I’ll try to do my homework and figure it out before my next review. I hope you enjoyed it!

Thanks for the feedback. I’m still trying to learn this system and how to post what and where. Also, I am embarrassed to admit that I don’t know how to post photos yet, but I’ll be sure to do my homework by my next review. I hope you enjoyed it!

When you are in the text body there is this icon that you can click and then select the photo or photos you want to add if that helps you out

2 Likes

Great review! Thanks for sharing that with us, it’s really helpful to have lots of reviews and perspectives on all the different products.
As for paragraphs, generally you start a new paragraph when you change the thought or topic you’re on slightly. Or if it’s a big block of text and needs splitting up.
In your review I would have made a new line/paragraph on the sentences beginning with:

“About one month ago…”,
“They showed up…”,
“Anyway, the first thing…”,
“The first thing I explored…”,
“Next up was…”,
“But the icing…”,
“By comparison…”,
“Although my knowledge…”,
“Well, that’s about all…”

Having said that, there’s no absolute rule on paragraphing and someone else may have split them up differently which wouldn’t be incorrect!
Generally though, I definitely wouldn’t go over about six sentences per paragraph. Otherwise, it just looks like a massive block of text and for some that may put them off reading all the way through. It looks less intimidating and more manageable to have shorter sections.

1 Like

Nice review. Pictures should be added.

I differ in that I don’t really need pictures here - they wouldn’t hurt, but marketing can do those.

But I definitely need paragraph breaks. One big body of text is challenging. And that is easy to go back and add, just formatting.

Thanks for the feedback. It’s definitely very helpful, especially what to use when opening a new paragraph. Way back in elementary school one of my teachers had specific rules for paragraphs, but I could never quite understand what she meant, so I think that’s what is throwing me off. But now I know, like you said, there are no hard and fast rules so I won’t be afraid of messing something up anymore. Now I’m trying to learn how to post photos as this is a challenge for me because I’m still learning how to do things like that. I definitely appreciate the tips!

1 Like

Great, I’m pleased it helped! Step-by-step guide below for photos and everything else you can insert.

Press the button I circled in red. A row of options will come up.

Press camera to take a photo, camcorder to record a video, audio recorder for a voice clip or files to select one you’ve already saved.

By the way, in the first picture, next to the insert button I circled there’s another that looks like a desktop monitor. This is the preview button. You can press it and see exactly what your post will look like!
Good way to check if the photo has inserted properly or if you have a big block of text that needs splitting up… :grin::+1: