Soundcore Life Q10 Review

A few years ago I bought a Bluetooth speaker, it was quite a bargain, indeed. It’s sound quality, durability and design blew my mind and is still my go-to speaker. It was the Anker Classic Bluetooth. Since then, my view of the brand changed and I’ve been having it in my radar, even when it branched-out into Soundcore, for sound-related products.

So, when I went shopping for some good wireless over-ear headphones, these were on the top of my list. I bought the Life Q10’s Blackout Edition as a Christmas gift for myself.

<div style="padding:56.25% 0 0 0;position:relative;"><iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/503805431" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></div><script src="https://player.vimeo.com/api/player.js"></script>

Desempaque: Sounddcore Life Q10 from Estudio 61 on Vimeo.

They are quite comfortable to use, even using glasses. Then again, I wish the headband had more padding, since the heft of the Q10’s gives me a little pain on the top of my head in longer sessions.

Sound quality is amazing, period. A bit bass-heavy, even in “normal mode”, but I don’t mind at all. Thanks to them I discovered I’m quite a bass-head. I have a quite wide taste in terms of music genres: from Prog-Metal (Dream Theater, Tool, etc.), classic rock, latin music (Guaco, from Venezuela, sound great in these), classic music (Gustavo Dudamel on Mahler is just fantastic), even techno (the Prodigy is my go-to test for bass-heavy stuff). So, the Life Q10’s passed every test with flying colours.

Fair enough, they don’t have ANC, but sound isolation is great. It does not leak, and the outside noise remains outside. Battery life is outstanding: I spent more than a week with the out-of-the-box charge with, at least, one two-hour session a day before charging… I’m still using that first charge.

One feature you don’t often find in this price range is the multi-point connection… it is one of the most practical things you can find on headphones in general: Having them connected with my PC and my phone at the same time is just fantastic.

The bottom line is: the Soundcore Life Q10’s are best bang for the buck headphones in the market, they way better than what the price-tag suggest. Too bad Soundcore took them out of their web-site… I really hope thy are not discontinued, it would be a shame. You can still find them on Amazon.

Please, Soundcore, keep them around!

By the way, I did a video review in spanish on my Youtube channel - https://bit.ly/2NzTEKi

4 Likes

Nice review

1 Like

Nice review

1 Like

Wow nice review I’m so glad you’re enjoying them!

1 Like

Great review. I have these, and I learned from your review they have multipoint!

I didn’t know that.

Have you had any success with teams or Skype using these?

1 Like

I haven’t try… yet

1 Like

Quick update. Last Monday (Feb-08) I had a Zoom meeting. As usual, I used my trusty Blue Snowball as a Mic but, instead of my wired earbuds, I used the Life Q10’s connected via bluetooth to my PC.

The other side said the mic (Snowball) had some interference, they asked if I wanted to end the call and star another, I asked them to wait and switched to the mic on the Life Q10’s. Things went smooth afterwards. They could hear me loud and clear, no issues at all.

I might need to check that interference issue with the Blue Snowball. Thankfully, I have a good alternative in the Q10’s.

1 Like

Nice review

You didn’t have to update the drivers, worked right out of the box? Very nice, not so lucky here.

Maybe I’ll try again.

Unfortunately the volume in Q10 is low