Soundcore Life Q35 Review

Hey everyone so as promised here is my review of the Soundcore Life Q35. It took 2 months to film with tons of delays and setbacks that have happened in my personal life. But I am happy with the end result and hope you all enjoy the video. To the Soundcore team I apologize for the long wait and hope you enjoy as well. As always feedback is appreciated as it will help make the videos better!

3 Likes

Good video

1 Like

Good movie - interesting idea with a gym. It’s fun to watch him :grinning: :+1:t2: :clap:.

1 Like

I really wanted some TWS but after buying and trying 4 separate sets of Jabra, Samsung and Huawei (Freebuds Pro are absolutely incredible) buds, I realised my right ear just isn’t designed to be able to wear TWS buds, as they fall out no matter what.

That got me to giving up and realizing I can only ever wear over ear headphones, I began my search. After hours and hours of reviews, I was narrowing it down to the Sony Xb900n vs. Wh910n vs. Sennhesier hd450bt vs. Sony CH-710n. While some of them might be better sounding on paper, there was no clear winner. There was ALWAYS a catch - whether that is lacking bluetooth multipoint, or not coming with a case, or having a shit mic, no wear detection, etc, coming with a micro USB, etc.

These are features that I genuinely wanted; I really don’t care for other gimmicks. And then when I found the Q35 right at the end, I was like no way! In terms of feature list, they’ve literally checked EVERY single box for me - including the airline connector, the case, the multi connect, improved mic (super important for me), and wear detection. And then there was the KICKER - it comes boxed with a 3.5mm jack WITH IN-LINE MIC! As soon as I saw that I hit order.

That was a game changer for me and here is why. I have an Xbox Series X and I was looking for a one headphone solution. I already bought the MSFT Wireless Headset for the console but now that this headset comes with an inline mic, I can actually connect it to my controller and be able to use it for games and chat, and hence in theory return my MSFT headset and save a 100 bucks. No other headphone that I was looking at comes with this, and it’s something that made me say THANK YOU SOUNDCORE. It’s a small detail but I really do appreciate that. What remains to be seen is whether it can sound any decent for games (I’ve tried them and so far it’s quite average with my console, figuring out why).

As for my quick review of the sound - I think they sound really good. Like was mentioned in the review, I think it definitely needs a quick EQ fix, and if you’re too lazy to do that, just switch to Acoustic, which immediately improves the sound. The headphones are VERY comfortable so far, and I must say, the blue looks …sumptuous, really love it.

The ANC is just about okay - the Huawei Freebuds Pro (TWS earbuds) have the best ANC I’ve seen so far and this doesn’t come anywhere near that. Having said that, I must say it cancels low frequency noises VERY well. I just completed a meeting with a portable AC next to me that gets REAL loud and I completely forgot how loud that thing is until I took them off after the meeting. For the price though, I cannot complain. I’d much rather they give me okayish noise cancelling than give me better NC but the no multipoint, case, aux cable with mic, etc. Yes, the sound profile does change between Normal and ANC, but to be honest, I’m not an audiophile and I am plenty happy with the ANC sound. Also, you can quickly jump to another EQ if you want to switch to ‘Normal’ to get a similar sound to the ANC, or vice versa, whichever one you prefer. So while I acknowledge the issue, I can happily report that if you are like me (concerned about reading this, but not sure if it’s a big deal at all) there is nothing to worry about.

Here is the bottom line - I think the tradeoffs that Soundcore has gone with is absolutely perfect (for me). I got them for 100 euros (with a 30 euro off coupon on Amazon) and nothing comes close to these in terms of a combination of sound + features.

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time and effort required to post the review! :+1:

1 Like

Great review! Consider me subscribed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope things are sorted and are better. Thanks for posting up your review. Good reference back to the 30s

2 Likes

Nice glad you were finally able to get to finishing the review

1 Like

Nice video review. Thanks

1 Like