Soundcore Life Q35 (vs Q30) In-Depth Review

Hi all!

My in-depth review of the Life Q35 (and comparison to the Q30) is now live on YouTube!

Soundcore Life Q35 In-Depth Review (vs Life Q30) | The Best Value ANC Headphones

I’d be super grateful to anyone who checks it out, and let me know any questions you have about them too!

Adam - InsideTech

7 Likes

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make this review. I especially like that you compared the Q35 to the Q30. For people in the market for new headphones, I think this will be helpful.
Cheers

1 Like

A balanced review.

The challenge of “what should I buy” remains. You do state Q30 owners likely to not see a sufficient gain to upgrade, but those not owning Q30 will still be seeking Q30 vs Q35 clear decisions.

Others have said if you’re consuming lossless music you can detect the improvement if your device supports LDAC, which is the minority.

It is a credit to Soundcore the debate is between Q30 and Q35, and between them they blow away the argument to buy other brands. Quite a success.

1 Like

Thank you!

A lot of people can’t actually tell the difference between bluetooth codecs - which eliminates the LDAC argument. But I still think the tuning is changed, so the 35’s still have a benefit audio-wise.

But yes, you’re totally right. I kind of feel like these two occupy the #1 and #2 spots for value ANC headphones. Nice job Soundcore!

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you so much!

1 Like

Great review.

I tried some Q30s for a week then realised the Q35s were coming and returned them so I could get the Q35s.

I agree with the conclusions you make.
The improved sound quality with LDAC is only noticeable if you have chosen to pay for a HQ music service.

2 Likes

I always enjoy your reviews thanks for sharing with us here on the community

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Yes I think LDAC is very much an audiophile-focussed feature.

Are you enjoying the 35s?

That’s really kind, thank you!

1 Like

I’m definitely one of those who can’t really tell the difference between codecs as long as songs sound good. Of course I can tell which is better sounding but can’t justify spending $50 more for very slight difference

1 Like

My previous headphones were on a lease (£349 to buy outright) so my point of reference for the Q35s is an expensive alternative - I returned them mainly for comfort reasons.

I am enjoying the Q35s and given the price difference I think they perform really well.
ANC is as effective, the range and depth of sound is good.
The only thing I miss from my previous headphones is that they had bass that you felt rather than heard.

That’s fair enough! Even though it’s nice to have the “new” pair, it’s hard to argue with the price of the Q30!

1 Like

I think you’re making a good decision then! That big a price difference is pretty hard to justify. And that’s pretty much what I concluded in my review compared to other £300+ headphones!

Thanks for sharing your review!

1 Like

Excellent in-depth review Adam

1 Like

No problem!

That’s really kind, thank you!

I did a review as well. I’m more a photographer :wink:

1 Like

Someone knows if the problem with the micro in windows 10 is not present when doing videocalls in the Q35?

Not specific to Q35. Search for Windows 10.