SoundCore LifeQ30 Headphones Unable to connect to Ubuntu 20.04 laptop

Depends on.
If the company gives 100 items to 100 real “innocent persons” one will have good results to find bugs.
If you give 10 items to 10 “well known testers and unpackers” the company will get the result which is desired! :grin:

I manage to get it working in Ubuntu 22.04
Found this hero replying on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/soundcore/comments/yk3bkq/configure_soundcore_life_q30_in_linux_mint/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=14&utm_content=share_button

Open a terminal:

bluetoothctl

it will start scanning, turn on the headset in pairing mode, and copy the address to the clipboard, then paste:

trust [address]
pair [address]
connect [address]

After I run these commands, the device was connect, but not paired, nor running properly. I re-ran the pair command and then I saw that in the bluetooth settings the device went into paired. At that point I disconnected it by clicking on the GUI toggle to disconnect and then I clicked again to connect them back.
They connected and were recognized and are working.
I think something goes wrong in the trusting process when doing it conventionally.

Anyway, glad I solved it, otherwise had to send them back after the black friday discount, would have been a pity.

1 Like