Soundcore Motion Boom goes off after turned on

My Soundcore Motion Boom is about 16 months now and has a decent use, not regularly used I’ll say. Recently when I turn it on and it comes on with the sound then connects to my phone almost immediately it just shuts off without the power off sound. Turning it back on the same thing happens.

I have done a reset still the same, the battery is fully charged, I turn while charging still the same.

But sometimes it takes longer it could work for about 5 minutes but still ends up shutting off on me.

I really don’t know what’s going on. Anyone got help or experienced the same issue?

Please help thanks.

1 Like

Make really sure the speaker is fully charged.
You should take another cable for charging,
another charger and of course do a reset of the speaker.

Thanks @Chiquinho but I have tried all of these to no avail. The speaker is fully charged but still goes off

If just under 18 month warranty I’d encourage replacement.

What may be causing this is confusion, it kind of does multipoint where it connects to two devices and gets confused. If that is the cause then delete all pairings and do a reset and then only pair one device, never pair another device.

You have what I had of it turns off, by process of elimination I figured the reset wasn’t enough, it was still connected to multiple devices, so I deleted all pairings and did a reset and then paired it exclusively with one device which benefits most from this speaker, and that then proved stable since.

If you do go down warranty route you’ll need proof of purchase, serial number off unit/package, photos of unit, state all you’ve tried including reset at least twice.

Think you have done all that we would have suggested… I agree contact service@soundcore.com and see about a replacement

I contacted them and they could only offer a a partial refund of 40% saying I have used it for 16 months and as such a 100% refund isn’t possible.

As for replacement they said they can’t replace it that due to the way their system is structured.

I insisted on a full refund as partial refund wouldn’t get me a working speaker, I was told to send the speaker to China which as going to cost me more than double the original price of the speaker.

Now I’m stuck with this broken speaker.

1 Like

Yes I did that too.

I contacted them and they could only offer a a partial refund of 40% saying I have used it for 16 months and as such a 100% refund isn’t possible.

As for replacement they said they can’t replace it that due to the way their system is structured.

I insisted on a full refund as partial refund wouldn’t get me a working speaker, I was told to send the speaker to China which as going to cost me more than double the original price of the speaker.

Now I’m stuck with this broken speaker.

Had the same problem with an old Flare.
I had to change the battery, but this was really the last thing I did.

I would now try the following :
Delete the speaker from all devices its connected with. (bt-list)
Reconnect it with only ONE device.
(I read there must be a special deletion on Android devices, (I don’t have and use ) )

Where have you bought it?
There could be different / other warranty rules than the usual ones.
But I don’t know

So does that mean you bought from AliExpress?

I just recently got a new replacement after 10 months and had 18 month warranty but I did buy in local country Amazon.

AliExpress purchase you have buyer pays postage for replacement or negotiate partial refund. Plenty of stories.

1 Like

Una película & historia especial. :rofl:

Yes I bought from Anker Official store on Aliexpress and truly it was plenty stories before I finally settled for the 40% partial refund.

Aliexpress

Your story I’ve seen dozens of times. The official store only means not fake goods but still means the AliExpress market rules.

You got refund which is good. If you think about it 40% off for 16 months use is good.

We have heard and read a lot of such stories regarding ali.
Not good and not customer friendly at all.

But here we are not involved in soundcore’s warranty rules of course .
Sorry,