Soundcore Motion Boom Unboxing and First Impressions

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well. Here is my unboxing and first impressions of the Soundcore Motion Boom. I received these very recently and a full review will be coming later when I have had more time to fully test them.

The Box:

Front of Box:

This shows a picture of the speaker, the 24hr playtime they are advertising, the IPX7 waterproof rating, the customizable EQ, and Bass Up technology.

Back of Box:

This shows the features a bit more in-depth. This includes Powerful stereo Sound, Customizable EQ, PowerIQ Chare Out, Titanium Drivers and Dual Passive Radiators, 24 Hour Playtime, Soundcore App Support, Extended Treble and Bass, and Fully Waterproofed. I will be testing these features to see if they meet Soundcore’s claims in my full review to come.

Sides of Box:

Packaging:

The box opens on top and it rather straightforward with no fancy packaging. There are two cardboard inserts to protect the speaker while in shipping and that is about it. Honestly, you really don’t need more when unboxing just the product and accessories.

What’s Inside:

Once in beside the inserts to hold the speaker in place you have the papers in a small plastic holder as well as the included USB A to USB C charging cable. The underneath is the speaker that is initially in a plastic bag as well.

As mentioned before this paperwork can be found on the top of the packaging right above where the charging wire was.

The top paper is the happy/not happy paper. If you are happy, it leads you to ways you can spread the good word about Soundcore and if you are not happy then it shows you ways to get in touch with customer support.

The next paper is the QuickStart guide which I have included pictures of all the pages since it is not yet up on the site and will help lots of new users get started as well as troubleshooting in the future.

The final paper in the box is the warranty and warnings for the speaker.

First Impressions:

Aesthetics

This speaker isn’t anything fancy, but it is very practical. it is nice and fully black. On the front, there is a small Soundcore badge as well as a Soundcore logo that you only really notice in the right lights. On the sides, you also have two Soundcore logos as well as the brand name on the top of the handle.

The Control Buttons:

The top of the speaker features the control buttons for the motion boom. going from left to right there is the bass up button to increase the bass followed by the Bluetooth button used for pairing, next is the button for volume up, the multifunction button, and the volume down, then the power button, and finally the button for truly wireless stereo pairing.

Build Quality

The speaker feels solid, and the handle makes moving a speaker of this size around with ease. It feels solid although made mostly of plastic. These are nice rubber grips on the bottom to prevent the speaker from sliding around. there is also a rubber grip on top that I’m not really sure what purpose it serves besides adding more Soundcore branding. The buttons have a nice soft texture and make a small click sound and tactile feel, so you know when you have clicked it and when you haven’t.

Ports

At the back of the speaker, there is a thick rubber flat that is really nicely done. What I mean by that is it isn’t really hard to remove where you will get frustrated from not being able to get the flap open, but it isn’t so easy to remove where you would be scared of it coming off on its own. Under the flap are the two ports on this whole speaker. One is a USB A port that can be used for charging other devices from the speaker. The second port is a USB C port which is used to charge the speaker (I wonder if it is specifically a USB C in port or if it too could be used to charge devices as well)

Overall, first impressions of this speaker are really good. I am excited to pair it to the Soundcore and get started listening. I do wish it supported party cast as well so then I could pair it to my flare 2 instead of needing to get another motion boom if I want to stereo pair. Thank you all for reading my unboxing and first impressions. I will hopefully be posting a review soon once I have fully tested this speaker. If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them. I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful week.

1 Like

Appreciate the share… I was thinking it was a bit bigger than it was.

1 Like

Nice write-up and great pictures to go with it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

My only slight disagreement is Partycast vs TWS. I’m not sure if it’s because I’ve been listening to Stereo all my life or the type of music I listen to, but I’d be very disappointed if they weren’t in TWS. I love being able to spread them out 6-10 feet apart and sit myself down between them and enjoy Stereo instead of Mono.

3 Likes

I almost with it had the choice of both depending on the situation stereo perfered but then itf at a big part then being able to connect a lot of speakers to get louder sound spread out better might be nice as well. I also wish the stereo pairing was possible with two speakers where they don’t have to be the same one. Guess we will have to wait and see how long it takes before I cave and get a second motion boom

2 Likes

Probably sooner than later as it is the way it is with us. Lol

1 Like

I like the idea of speakers having both choices.

Considering TWS only has one speaker hook up to your Bluetooth (The Main) and the other is controlled by the Main. I don’t see being able to have two different models hooked up in TWS.

2 Likes

True true plus I have a birthday coming up so maybe I will splurge for it then

2 Likes

You always have some notes to use if needed

1 Like

True true guess we will see @Steve976 has been doing a really good job in making me think hard about the choice for sure

2 Likes

Although, I will say that I get tempted to spend some of mine but decide that I am a cheapskate on my notes. LOL

1 Like

Were you going to get anything good? I also with the notes could be stacked on current deals it would make them so much more appealing. You must have so many stashed away waiting to be used

Well I hope it would be good when I use some of them lol. I was going to get my 13 yr old q30 but my brother gave me 50 dollar Amazon that he got from work and he had nothing to buy with it. So it was silly to use my points then but I do have plenty if needed.

I also thought about using for my oldest to get him something for his first year of college. He has already taken my Beat 3, and P2, Beat wireless earbuds and Spirit X. I think he is good unless he wants headset as the wireless Beats 3 is starting losing BT connection.

1 Like

I would recommend making sure he has a good pair of headphones for college for sure they save you from the people running in the halls or other people blasting music when you’re ruing to focus and just let you escape in to your own little world for a moment or two which is nice

The problem are the different bt chips which are used, not the bt version
Though the motion + has the same bt version (5.0) a connection with the boom is not possible so far I know.

1 Like

If the there only would be a boom without that big handle :frowning:

1 Like

Definitely would be interesting or if they gave it a folding handle type style like the mega has. At the size it’s at the handle makes it nice for beach days and such