Soundcore motion+ firmware 39.39 update

Hi, I just opened the soundcore app in my android phone and I received a firmware update notification so decided to do it but as many times I try the update stops at more less 30% and the speaker turns off by itself, so I start all over again and the update takes like less than a minute to reach 97%, but when it finally reaches 99% gives me an error and tells me to turn on my bluetooth connection again and stops. What’s going on? Is there something wrong with the update? Who can help me? thanks

1 Like

I woud try to reset speaker and try again. If it will not help just contact vustomer support by email service@soundcore.com

Thank you for your advise, I contacted customer service and helped me fix the problem, now my motion+ is updated and working perfectly. Great Sound and detail.

1 Like

Could you paste the steps here to help a future search?

The answer from soundcore support as follows:
a. Power it on, reset the Motion+ by holding the Bluetooth and Volume+ button at the same time for 5-10S until the Motion+ is restarted

b. try to update it in another good network

c. try to update the firmware using another phone, if possible

2 Likes

Appreciate the share on the solution for others

Thanks for sharing. Which part of those 3 steps do you think did the trick?

1 Like

The “good network” may be! :laughing:
BTW when I am doing LINUX updates I dont use WIFI.

A cable is stable :laughing:

You are wellcome. I am glad your issue was solved

I remember seeing how some firmware updates won’t work unless on Wifi or not on Wifi implying the download is blocked by the network firewall. So trying either is part of the RCA (root cause analysis).

I used to use Ethernet til Wifi got faster, and then got a Wifi Powerline repeater.

Linux is indeed the technically most superior OS ever but as it’s free it’s not pushed by marketing who need profits to pay for themselves. But that’s a totally different story.

1 Like

:rofl:

Nice comment there

A cable is stable but if he can not get it fixed, he is going to want to through the motion in the ocean. :wink:

1 Like

Nice comment there

A cable is stable but if he can not get it fixed, he is going to want to through the motion in the ocean. :

1 Like

Nice comment there

A cable is stable but if he can not get it fixed, he is going to want to through the motion in the ocean. :

Can dolby atmos can be added through firmware update??? It just came to my mind…

Disabling Pi Hole and other firewalls might be the solution