Soundcore motion + hissing & music delay

Bought two motion + speakers off amazon to pair up as stereo surround sound.

When no music is playing I can hear hissing sounds coming from the tweeters and connection between the two speakers isn’t very stable, drops in and out a lot.

Also, with regards to playing music there’s a good 2/3 second delay between pressing play from my device and music playing from the speakers.

Anyone else experience this?

Shouldn’t be happening from a speaker at this price point surely!

2 Likes

Sadly this is a hardware problem that a few soundcore products have been having. I would contact support at service@soundcore.com

Good luck!

Never had any issues so far with my Motion+ and getting it on two purchased at the same time seems quite weird…is the firmware at the latest revision in the app?

As suggested by @TechMan it would be worth dropping service@soundcore.com a email with you’re issues for assistance under your warranty…

It does seem strange for sure! It’s making me consider sending them back which I’d rather not do as the sound quality is pretty excellent.

I’ve contacted soundcore, this was their response;

Thank you for reaching out to Anker customer service. So sorry to know you are having problems with SoundCore Motion+ speaker. Be assured, we always stand behind our product.

Regarding the hissing noise,after checking with our engineer, please note if you put the speaker near your ear, you will hear current related hiss as the component in speaker is working after you turn on the speaker even if you don’t play music, and due to this speaker has total output power 30W, so the hiss might be more noticeable than other speaker with small output power. But normally the volume for this noise shall be <= 30dBA at 30 cm distance and it normally will not affect the normal use. For your situation, please let us know the hiss happens when you put the speaker near your ear or it’s very noticeable even if you put the speaker on the desk, you can still hear the hiss?

Regarding the issue of taking about 2/3 seconds for music to start playing, if possible to provide us the firmware version you have? You could get the firmware version via SoundCore App, please see attached screenshot.

Regarding your inquiry about the stereo mode and double volume boost when two are paired together, per the feedback from engineer, please note there’s no way switch as when you have two speakers TWS pairing, the speakers are in stereo mode and double volume boost at the same time.

Looking forward to your reply, and have a wonderful day

I have the exact same problem. How Anker solves the problem?

yes i have same problems at all, but hissing is not making me annoying, it is not too much.

I’ve got the same problems with my stereo pair (FW ver. 34.38) connected to my Mac, but I would to clarify by priority:

1. 2-3 seconds of muting (not actually delay) after start of video playback. It’s very annoying. The issue exist only with a video playback (youtube videos for example).

2. Connection between the two speakers isn’t very stable, a lot of one or two channel drops and loud clicks when units synchronize back. I noticed it mostly during a video playback.

3. Up to 500ms delay between audio and video streams. Hope it can be reduced via the firmware.

4. Pretty loud hissing in Idle state - That’s the proper time for the power amp to be disabled automatically, and it will save a lot of battery charge.

Video synchronization is a known issue with bluetooth in general - unless the system playing the video knows the latency and compensates for it, that will happen. And for the most part, phones and computers all treat audio outputs very similarly as having no latency.

Hissing in idle state is more of a problem, hopefully you can contact support and get that handled.