Soundcore Motion Plus turns off automatically

I have been owning a Motion + Bluetooth speaker for around 9 months . It used to turn off automatically always at around 10% charge level and I thought it was normal and not a defect .

Can someone confirm that my device works proper ?

Should the speaker work all the way down to 0% charge

Its better to switch off at a level 10%
A totally battery drain is not so good for’ the batteries.

2 Likes

That is fine . But I need to know if that is the way device is supposed to work .

I see you are swapping it under warranty although you told us here 10% and you said other place 20%

Yes I did, since that post was similar to my issue wanted to add my experience.

I created this post bcoz after the steps suggested by support - to charge and reset device , I see device turning off at 10% ( as reported by Android). So I have to confirm before deciding to claim warranty

OK changing under warranty is perfectly fine.

But note cells do age over time and will turn off earlier. You can recalibrate where you keep turn it on so it turns off, repeat, repeat, then fully charge. That does not actually cause more battery life just makes it more accurate.

Also as cells age, they turn off a higher voltage threshold, meaning they turn off earlier the louder the volume so not only does turning volume down make it last longer due to volume, but also additionally longer due to the nature of battery chemistry.

1 Like

Yes agreed. I always charge between 20 to 80. Just when I wanted to drain speaker completely I find this

Cells lose capacity over time.

The electronics note the voltage which the current is unable to drive the product at required Wattage.

So if you don’t let to run to flat, it will think it’s got 20% spare then simply turn off. It will eventually learn - recalibrate - so turns off at a lower %. You’ve not actually improved battery life , only improved it’s awareness of how much useful battery life remains.

This is included in the 18 month warranty as the steepness of the battery ageing is later in life so it would be highly likely to meet battery life claims in 18 months, less so after.

1 Like

Okay mate ! I think I have not paid much attention to the charge level where it usually turned off . After few hours of testing now , it seems to be 10% or 20% (My phone reports bluetooth battery levels in steps of 10 )

Support team has replied saying that the device auto shuts off at 5% .

Since Android reporting of charge level is not so accurate , maybe just 5% is left when it shows 10% .

I will watch slowly over time , since speaker has not even completed one year :upside_down_face: . There’s 6+ months of warranty left still . And I’m in no mood to replace this speaker , its simply the best !