Soundcore Q30 update 2.1

Widget does nothing on Android.

The widget does nothing on IOS too, just shows a link to the Soundcore app.

No? From the iOS widget you can switch between NC (Transport/Indoor/Outdoor), Transparency and Normal modes.

Nevermind, I updated the app and it works now.

Your Q30 must be connected or else the widget shows the soundcore link. @ proffessor this could also be for android to

Widget does something now.

It does need a LOT of screen space to use all the options. To avoid scrolling you need to make it tall.

For Q30 you have the physical buttons for ANC/normal/transparency so you donā€™t really need nor want a widget for that, only need in a widget the things the physical button cannot do. So you cannot make the top of the widget functions disappear, you can only make the lower ones disappear, if that makes sense. Needs some more testing and thinking by the developer.

Still on 1.9 firmware, waiting. The only bug I have is the volume up causes a mute.

I will say that it is not necessarily a pertinent to q30 but the Liberty air 2 pro anc widget is the same widget. It just switches the widget name.

Finally got firmware 2.1. Personally I preferred the volume of the voice prompt before and find it a tad too low now. Good that the volume no longer spikes when switching between devices, but still unfortunate you canā€™t automatically connect to the two devices instantly. Not sure if this is fixable but many other headphones with multipoint can instantly connect to both devices instead of you manually connecting the second device.

Yay, finally. Updating now and will report later.

Just wanted to post the same. YAY

Ok, it seems the only thing they managed to fix from my list of ā€œbugsā€ in these long 2 months is the voice tone volume. Yes, the voice volume is much more bearable now, thanks. But thatā€™s about all the positive feedback I have for the devs/engineers this time.

Still not fixed:

• NC still defaults to Outdoor mode (when turning Q30 ON or when switching from Transparency/Normal back to NC), which is evident by the slightly louder hiss, even though the app may show Indoor as the selected mode

• iOS widget still buggy when showing Indoor/Outdoor modes; typically it will show Outdoor by default where the app will show Indoor, and vice-versa

• BES_BLE still appears under my Bluetooth device list as soon as I connect to the app. Is it so hard for the devs to fix this??? Cā€™mon Soundcore! @Yimi_Liu

1 Like

Mehā€¦ we waited this long for nothing basically. The louder voice didnā€™t bother me one bit. Now on the bus itā€™s barely audible what mode youā€™re using.

1 Like

Not sure if itā€™s Outdoor mode as when I switch to Outdoor mode in the app it sounds even worse. Itā€™s something worse than indoor mode but not as bad as Outdoor mode. For the record I have the Square Case release rather than the more recent Oval Case release.

In my opinion it defaults to Outdoor (or at least sth resembling the Outdoor hiss a lot) - definitely something worse than Indoor mode indeed. I also have the Square Case one. Please write to their support team with your findings. I plan to do so, too.

You guys have it? It still says firmware 1.9 is the latest.

If itā€™s better than outdoor but worse than indoor, then isnā€™t it transport mode?
Right now my home is kinda noisy with traffic nearby and everything, I canā€™t really tell much difference between transport and indoor so Iā€™m just guessing.

No, itā€™s not really better than Outdoor in my opinion. Iā€™d say the hiss is pretty much the same as Outdoor by default. But it shows Indoor as the selected mode. So then you have to tap on Transport or Outdoor and then again on Indoor to really get the ā€œIndoor hissā€. Iā€™ve just sent a long email to support, as itā€™s really frustrating they didnā€™t fix any of this in 2.5 months since the last update.

So I have the square case Q30s with 2.1 update and using a Xiaomi Mi 9 android 10. The widget works fine, I can have it fairly small and scroll through the NC options. Putting it into indoor then turning the headphones off and on, it retains indoor mode (or whichever I have selected). There is quite an audible distortion switching from one NC mode to another so itā€™s probably cycling NC off and back on in the new profile selected. Multipoint, I have my X1 Carbon laptop connected and my Mi 9 and both work simultaneously so listening to music from my Mi 9 and getting a teams call In on the laptop, the music drops out and I answer the teams call with audio immediately on the Q30s. Maybe the tick (which I didnā€™t think it was) is I always pair my mi 9 then turn on Bluetooth on the laptop, very quick two press of the Q30s headphones and it searches for a second device, connects to the laptop and both are connected at once. Besides that, after the update they sound as good as ever

Well for me the profile that the headphones turns on with, or switches to when cycling between modes with the button is definitely better that outdoor.

I tested it standing next to a window with my right ear facing the window. With outdoor, I can hear the traffic outside with my right ear, but with indoor/traffic the noise gets cancelled out nicely. And itā€™s cancelled the same way after turning it off and on again.

1 Like