Soundcore Speakers - Difference between Stereo Pairing & PartyCasting

Soundcore Speakers - Difference between Stereo Pairing & PartyCasting

Many of Soundcore Fans and Users have been using the Soundcore Speakers in Stereo Paired Mode and now the newer PartyCast modes, both are absolutely fantastic feature for users to expand and connect multiple speakers, more so with the newer PartyCast,

Wanted to list out the differences between the Stereo Pairing and PartyCasting, based on the Soundcore Speakers I have - Flare Minis and Flare 2s.

Difference between Stereo Pairing (on Soundcore Flare Mini) Vs PartyCast (Flare 2)

1. On Stereo Paired speakers (at least in Flare Minis) you may power-off any "one’ of the powered speaker, and other stereo paired speaker goes off!

On PartyCast Speakers, you need to power-off the Main/ First Speaker which initiated the PartyCast for the second / other speakers to turn off.
    If you switch off second or any further PartyCast Speakers (or Second Flare 2 in my case) it simply powers off itself while the Primary still is connected and ON.

2. Bass-up on Stereo Paired Speakers (Not available on Flare Mini - so Cannot test, this is an assumption, and I am sure it is true) - this can be enabled / disabled on any one of the Stereo pair, and the same is reflected on the other speaker of the pair

Bass-up on PartyCast Speakers - If Bass-up is enabled / disabled on Main/ First Speaker, this replicates the setting on Secondary or other PartyCast speakers. If this is already enabled on Secondary or other speakers for PartyCast , this does not enable on the Main / First Speaker.

3. On Stereo Paired speakers (tested on Flare Minis) you may change the light-setting on any "one’ of the powered speaker, and other stereo paired speaker follows the same light settings!

On PartyCast Speakers, you can change the light setting on the Main/ First Speaker which initiated the PartyCast, the same color setting is now shown for for the second / other speakers.
    However if the secondary or more of the PartyCast speakers had a different color setting before they were grouped into PartyCast, they will continue to have the same colors UNTIL the color setting is changed on Main / First Speaker, which then sends a sync to synchronize the colors across all the PartyCast speakers.

4. Stereo Pairing works only for 2 Speakers

PartyCast is quoted (and demonstrated) to work with 100 Flare 2s

5. Stereo Pairing happens only between Speakers of Same Make, Model (with few exceptions such as Flare Mini with Flare ). You may not Stereo pair Icon with Flare, Flare Mini or Rave Mini with Flare. This is a limitation with Stereo Pairing.

With PartyCast, Soundcore plans to add Multi-Product Compatibility, that is, ability to PartyCast Pair between different speaker models this to different speakers models, that is … not just the SAME make / model. Lot of us have been having a lot of Soundcore speakers, being unable to pair to each.

PartyCast Vs Stereo Paired, each has its positives. The One I like about Stereo paired is - I just need to power ON these and they automatically pair in stereo, but In PartyCast, I still need to press the pairing on each of the speaker, every single time.

The feature I like in PartyCast is I can turn On and Off the speakers if I dont need them, without interrupting the music on Main/Primary and other speakers

Some references to PartyCast discussion in Soundcore Collective: 1 , 2 , 3

Do let us know your thoughts on Stereo Pairing and PartyCast, which one do you prefer and why?

2 Likes

My question is do speakers with PartyCast support stereo pairing?

2 Likes

This almost seems like a glitch to me? It doesn’t make sense that controls aren’t universal on the party cast speakers.

2 Likes

@Insider No, PartyCast enabled speakers such as Flare 2 currently do not support Stereo Pairing, at least on the current latest firmware v1.37. May be this is something Soundcore may add as a software update.

But i personally feel Stereo Pairing will not be added to these PartyCast Speakers, as this will be a downgrade for the feature and might be conflicting design to PartyCast feature – my and my thoughts only :grin:

@TechMan i have updated the firmware twice now on Flare 2 speakers, both time the behavior was the same, so it may not be a glitch, but the overall design how Soundcore wants PartyCast to work.

May be @Loz can add respective Design Team to answer our questions here.

1 Like

I was thinking it was a glitch on the overall firmware of the flare 2s. It really doesn’t make any sense, so it could be an oversight on soundcore’s part?

@poppo.wang do you know anything about this?

1 Like

How would adding stereo pairing be a downgrade?

1 Like

Stereo Pairing as we know today for Soundcore Speakers is only 2 speakers… PartyCast is for 100 speakers.

The pairing sequence is using the Bluetooth button for both Stereo Pairing and PartyCast. Unless Soundcore adds a different new button for Stereo Pairing or provides a different sequence for it… It might be cause confusion for users…

With existing buttons as-is today, if Stereo Pairing is added, Users with Flare 2 or other PartyCast Speakers (more than 2) may end up with Stereo Pairing first 2 speakers and get frustrated not being able to connect other speakers via PartyCast. This is how I visualize it. (But i may be wrong)

1 Like

Great post! It’s nice to read about your experiences with both of the features :grinning:

1 Like

But if only two speakers were paired, then why couldn’t it automatically go into stereo mode?

If more than two speakers were paired, then it could revert back to PartyCast, right?

1 Like

Or it could allow you to organise different channels in the app for more then 2 speakers?

3 Likes

hmm…let me see,
the PartyCasting is just a temporary mode imo, after all, all good parties come to an end :upside_down_face: just press the button again to get back to party next time!
and the Stereo Pairing is just like make them twins, live together, sleep together, it’s a blood relationship and the blood is always thicker than water, It won’t be tear up easily…

2 Likes

Always!

I love both these features nevertheless and wanted to highlight these… Some members might have this question and hope this post helps them.

Also a feedback to Soundcore design team, for a thought!

2 Likes

As you know we love getting feedback from you guys, so it’s always appreciated.

1 Like

That is what I would have supposed.
This makes sense.

2 Likes

Interesting read, another one for @galaxy.zhang to check out :smiley:

1 Like

Good question, this goes back to the way how PartyCast may be designed.

My thoughts below here on how this PartyCast may be working (may be @galaxy.zhang @poppo.wang can correct me or add inputs)

The Main / primary Speaker syncs all the settings and audio to all the Secondaries. But the BT Connections are daisy- chained from Main Primary --> 2nd Flare 2 -->3rd Flare 2 --> 4th Flare 2 -->----100th Flare 2

The Main / Primary speaker for PartyCast does not really know if 1 speaker is paired to it or 99 speakers via Daisy Chain BT… Hence it cannot go into Stereo Pairing when only 2 Flare 2 are connected.

1 Like

Useful information @Shenoy :ok_hand:

Interesting how PartyCast speakers don’t support stereo pairing at present (which is one thing I was wanting to test when I pickup another Flare 2 at some point). Wouldn’t think it could be too hard to implement a check of some sort to decide if only 2 speakers are connected together compared to 2+ :thinking: (or just manually enabling via the app for 2 speakers).

2 Likes

Well, this is an interesting topic. I think you may be right. And I heard from our product managers that they are planing to add a TWS button on the upcoming PartyCast series speakers. At that time may be we can enjoy both stereo pairing and partycast technology on the same speaker. I am not pretty sure about that. Let me double check with them !:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Trying to answer to some extent – this may be reason why :point_down:

============================================

Nice point, may be design team can address it! (May be this will be via a separate button for Stereo Pairing :wink: I and @galaxy.zhang mentioned)

Soundcore team or any speaker users would want all the options available directly on the speakers for pairing purposes (Stereo Pair / PartyCast) and not dependent on the app. App would compliment the features, games, and firmware update, but may not be a replacement for a feature that should be on the speaker themselves…

@galaxy.zhang look forward to hearing update on this :star_struck:

If that is the case, @Shenoy, PartyCast has a serious design flaw.

2 Likes