Soundcore Speakers - Difference between Stereo Pairing & PartyCasting

As you know we love getting feedback from you guys, so it’s always appreciated.

1 Like

That is what I would have supposed.
This makes sense.

2 Likes

Interesting read, another one for @galaxy.zhang to check out :smiley:

1 Like

Good question, this goes back to the way how PartyCast may be designed.

My thoughts below here on how this PartyCast may be working (may be @galaxy.zhang @poppo.wang can correct me or add inputs)

The Main / primary Speaker syncs all the settings and audio to all the Secondaries. But the BT Connections are daisy- chained from Main Primary --> 2nd Flare 2 -->3rd Flare 2 --> 4th Flare 2 -->----100th Flare 2

The Main / Primary speaker for PartyCast does not really know if 1 speaker is paired to it or 99 speakers via Daisy Chain BT… Hence it cannot go into Stereo Pairing when only 2 Flare 2 are connected.

1 Like

Useful information @Shenoy :ok_hand:

Interesting how PartyCast speakers don’t support stereo pairing at present (which is one thing I was wanting to test when I pickup another Flare 2 at some point). Wouldn’t think it could be too hard to implement a check of some sort to decide if only 2 speakers are connected together compared to 2+ :thinking: (or just manually enabling via the app for 2 speakers).

2 Likes

Well, this is an interesting topic. I think you may be right. And I heard from our product managers that they are planing to add a TWS button on the upcoming PartyCast series speakers. At that time may be we can enjoy both stereo pairing and partycast technology on the same speaker. I am not pretty sure about that. Let me double check with them !:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Trying to answer to some extent – this may be reason why :point_down:

============================================

Nice point, may be design team can address it! (May be this will be via a separate button for Stereo Pairing :wink: I and @galaxy.zhang mentioned)

Soundcore team or any speaker users would want all the options available directly on the speakers for pairing purposes (Stereo Pair / PartyCast) and not dependent on the app. App would compliment the features, games, and firmware update, but may not be a replacement for a feature that should be on the speaker themselves…

@galaxy.zhang look forward to hearing update on this :star_struck:

If that is the case, @Shenoy, PartyCast has a serious design flaw.

2 Likes

May be a fix is on the way, though details may change,

1 Like

That’s me. :smiley:
Of courseI know about that app but dont use.
So I want all functions by manual setting on the speaker.

1 Like

I had you in mind when I wrote about the button, and didn’t prefer App, had read your previous posts for it :grin:

1 Like

But you do have to press it again on both speakers. And again if you have more than two. I wouldn’t mind if they stayed in party cast mode or not based on how they were set up on last shutdown.

But @Shenoy I have noticed the same thing - the sound is mirrored (same on each speaker) and not stereo (different channels). So it works well for hearing the same thing in more space, but it does not give you the sense of space and directionality that properly separate stereo speakers do. Seems like it would be simple for them to detect whether it was only two (play stereo) or more (play mirror). Or even better, an option in the soundcore app.

1 Like

That’s a good input for the design team at Soundcore,

This can be easily realized by software.
Two : Stereo mode
More : Party mode
This makes sense.
But this functions should be offered without any app. :wink:

2 Likes

With respect to point three about the colors - if you change the color settings fast enough in the Soundcore app, with two paired flare 2s in party mode, it doesn’t always change both. Usually, but not always. My girls were playing with it and quickly moving through the options, several times ended up with the primary showing what the soundcore app said, but the secondary was one change behind. So one was blue and the other red, for instance. Like it had to send a change request each time, and the second was ignored for being too close.

Making a second change, not too quickly after the first one, always wotked to get them back on the same color display. Just an interesting quirk, not a problem.

1 Like

I use the Soundcore App only for Firmware updates, and that is pretty much it. Using it more frequently to check on updates for PoweConf now.

Tested with app may be once or twice for Flare 2, and those looked ok to me.

If the speaker/earbuds work, is there really an update needed?
What could be changed by such an update for a simple speaker/earbuds?
The eq settings may be, but if someone doesn’t use that app eq, there is no need for such an update.
Or has this mysterious hissing of some earbuds been “repaired” by such an update?
I dont know.

1 Like

I tested this color changes via app this morning, color changes over Soundcore App to Flare 2 devices worked perfectly well, both changed well. Trying to get this on Video, will have this posted on Gallery one of these days.

I am hoping for a firmware update that will allow stereo pairing for the two speakers.

Otherwise, firmware updates are only relevant if required for the Flare 2 speakers if you don’t have the same firmware on a pair and want to connect them - I believe that is a requirement in some cases. The PowerConf they might still be developing more features, it is a more complex product.

I don’t use the app in general, this was just letting my kids have fun with them. Which is part of the point of the brightly colored speakers in general, at least to me.

1 Like

Not sure if only firmware update can enable Stereo Pairing for Flare 2 or PartyCast Speakers… as this has high risk for partycast feature.

As mentioned above by @galaxy.zhang
the separate button for TWS may be an option, meaning existing Flare 2 will not be able to do Stereo Pairing.