Soundcore Speakers - Difference between Stereo Pairing & PartyCasting

@Florian_Becker Indeed, it is a personal choice, as mentioned above, if users are going only for couple of speakers, earlier Soundcore speakers might be better idea. There is a market for both the Stereo paired & PartyCast speakers,

That doesn’t really make sense. It would be super easy to add both stereo and PartyCast (as mentioned above it uses stereo for 2 speakers, and partycast for more then 2).

4 Likes

Combining would be the best…I like the flare2 very much…great update! I’m sad if I have to return them …

Maybe someone can ask them to implement that?

1 Like

Go for 2 Flares (+) and leave the “party casters” at their parties. :smile:

I wonder if there will be ever 10 or more Flare 2 users meeting
using their speakers for a party and do that party casting.

But may be it’s “modern” and I am too old to understand that. :rofl:

1 Like

Not sure what does not make sense!

We can only go with what has been told on this thread by Soundcore Team, as this is being “planned”, it is the Design and Engineering team who implement it. Unless the Engineering team says it, no one can comment this as Super Easy and not a qualified statement as we don’t know the challenges.

If you have read this entire thread, we have this requested this already :slight_smile:
Soundcore Team Brand Manager @galaxy.zhang has responded as below

Yeah we can’t expect anything from them, but that doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be there.

If we complimented anker on everything they did (even the bad things), then they would become a worse company (not saying they’re bad of course).

Constructive criticism is how we can help anker/soundcore grow :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We are doing a constructive / creative criticism in this thread by pointing out the difference (may be called as limitations too! ) as well in the previous threads (see here , here , here , many more ) :slight_smile: we members are fans as well as tough critics of these companies.

Eventually, we want Anker & Soundcore to have great products with ease of use, and have them grow even more!

PartyCast could be improved a lot with Wifi Capability (i know there are challenges ) instead of bluetooth !

2 Likes

I would just make stereo pairing the default for two speakers, switch it to partycast for additional speakers, and give the user options to do more within the app (like set specific speakers to right / left channels). That would give the app a real reason to exist. Right now there isn’t much content there.

2 Likes

So, for regular use, just pair them in stereo mode and enable partycast for Party time :thinking: Nice !

1 Like

Yes, I am here since 2017 (ANKER’s forum)
and mostly all criticisms were very constructive.
There may be different opinions, but we are all experienced enough
to distinguish between a meaningless comment and a “real” opinion.

The worse thing is to say “I hate this or that company”.
“Hate” is a very crude and harsh expression, should never been used when publishing any critics .

I dont need such a party cast, I prefer stereo pairing. :smiley:
In dont need the “lights” of the flare, so I keep those OFF. :smiley:
But If others like and need, its OK. :wink:

1 Like

Agreed, constructive criticism is exactly what I am aiming for here. I am using my two for party cast right now, and it covers more space but otherwise doesn’t sound better than one. I think stereo would be ideal in this scenario. So I want party cast as an option, plus an even better choice as the default. Not so much to ask.

3 Likes

What is the range of partycasted speakers? Bluetooth range…? That doesn’t make having speakers in multiple rooms where the phone for example is the plying device and it’s far away

Well… that is an interesting question discussed here here

Per @galaxy.zhang ,

I don’t believe that to be the case. In the Linus Tech Tips video, where 100 were connected, it was mentioned that the primary needed to be in range of all other speakers.

I expect that after the initial setup of PartyCast mode, the primary is simply broadcasting, and all other speakers are just streaming from it.

The most likely reason you don’t get stereo, is that the primary doesn’t know how many speakers are connected, and the secondaries don’t know either.

Also, as you can connect any PartyCast enabled speakers together, you aren’t going to necessarily have 2 identical speakers working together. I guess it was just easier to keep things as simple as possible: single channel and light-sync only. Although I should mention that the light syncing is a bit off when running a Rave Neo with a Flare 2 as primary.

Huge let down, i was encouraged to buy a second sound flare 2 just to get the stereo experience, if only i knew before hand, feels very bad man!! very very bad:(

Just why anyone would wanna listen to 1/2 the music from his phone or whatever source, omg back to phonograph dayz, downgrade, stone age…
even in last century there was 7.1 = 8 channels, audio…
Mono! are you kidding me in this day and age ?
Well, i just received my sec soundflare today, and today ill post to sell the crap. 360 , party cast my foot, just the basics man Just STEREO from the 50’s

1 Like

So I think your comments are not a criticism of @Shenoy but that you did not know that the Flare 2 did not have the stereo pairing.

Although I do have only 1 Flare 2, I thought it sounded pretty good although I do not have two in party cast.

I would say that I am sorry that you did not like two Flare 2 sound in party cast. I will say that I know of maybe one or two that has 3 Flare 2 and they may come around to state how they like the sound with 3 working at the same time.

I have 2 soundcore 3 and a flare 2 and once all connected I thought it sounded pretty good and just assumed that 2 Flare 2 would sound better.

There’s no underlying hardware reason why they could not for app supported speakers allow a stereo option. Historically they don’t retrofit features on older products so I’d not hold breath.

Going forward it’s an obvious change and so I’d expect Partycast to allow to do a per speaker left/right/mono for future speakers.

I also do have no sympathy for those who dont research purchases beforehand. What’s the point of a community to ask and wait for answers?

1 Like

It doesn’t make sense that is has to be a one or the other situation. Also, logically, far more people are likely to have only 2 speakers and so want to use them in stereo mode. I thought we left the days of mono listening back in the 1960s.

On their own some (maybe all) Soundcore speaker units play in stereo. One thing you haven’t mentioned is whether, in Partycast mode, the individual sides of a unit still play in stereo or do they just do a mono mix of L and R?