Soundcore Spirit Sports

A couple years ago I was searching and searching for good, affordable earbuds for the gym and sent about 5 pairs back because they all had “meh” sound, usually very tinny. At the time I didn’t realize how important ear tips were (and nothing about drivers).

Finally I got the Soundcore Spirit Sports for $40 and used the XL eartips and WOW! Blew me away! I told a buddy about them and he loved them so much that he gave his $250 sennheissers to his wife as “hand me downs” because the sound was inferior.

These fit perfectly, wore them often all day, had good battery life (I need at least 8 hours) and were water/sweat resistant. I actually wore them daily instead of even over ear headphones to watch TV because they were so unobtrusive and amazing sounding (nice and neutral with some punch).

But alas this month the rubber closure over the charger broke (as did my friend’s) so it’s time to look again and I was sad to see the Spirit Sports were gone.

So I did lots of research, especially looking at the Soundpeats but heard the H1 may have a bit too much bass that could sometimes cover up mids (like female vocals). The Spirit Sports could rumble my head when needed (shocking for an earbud) but were so clean and bright (but not harsh). Also, without using my XL eartips from my Soundcores they fall out of my ears and sound tinny. I was shocked to see these Spirit Sports actually had dual 6mm drivers which must be why they sounded so good at all frequencies.

So I’m now looking for something similar if it exists with:
Nice even frequency response but with some good punch when needed (any dual drivers out there for $50 anymore?)
8 hr battery life minimum
XL eartips are a must (I seem to have short fat ear holes LOL)
IPX ratings should be decent but dont have to be outrageous. I know the Sports were IPX7

Any thoughts?

2 Likes

Maybe something like this:

2 Likes

From previous experience any Spirit brand is more sport ear buds with a higher ipx rating and ear secure when at the gym. (Ie earwings)

The spirit x are good but are their cheapest version. The spirit x 2 are similar to the x but are wireless version per say but think are good
Spirit dot 2 are in ear with touch control I do like these and I use these for outside work. Some passive nc.

1 Like

While I am not familiar with the ones you have, and are looking into replacing, I am assuming they are wired ones?

Perhaps these may be of interest, and having said that I am not familiar with these either.

One of our members does have wired ones, they use all the time. Perhaps @the_professor can share some insight, on replacements that are still available.

If you’re not minding cosmetics, perhaps the spirit x2 wireless ones may be of interest, as @steve976 mentioned.

Best of luck, welcome to the community and hope you let us know what you choose :wink:

2 Likes

I use these all the time

I don’t use for sound quality just practicality and value. They sound ok.

2 Likes

For truly wireless working out I usually go for the spirit dot 2 because I like how they fit and they are fully water proof and have good play time and nice sound in my opinion. I also have the spirit X2 which are also really nice and fully water proof but I wear glasses so sometimes they get annoying with that for me personally. If you don’t want them fully wireless I would go soundbuds slim while I don’t have them personally lots of people on here truly love them