Soundcore Spirit X2 left sound very quiet

Around 8 months old, the left has suddenly lost its volume, it is audible but very quiet. Right is fine.

1 Like

Sounds like a build up of wax in the mesh @Charlotte_Goodall , have you tried cleaning the ear tips with some rubbing alcohol and a Q tip?

Yep, tried that, no luck. Tried a hairdryer too.

service@soundcore.com is probably a good options. You have about 18 months if there was anything of a potential issue that happened to them.

You need to use hydrogen peroxide when attempting to clean these and get rid of built up earwax as the peroxide will break it down. As you wear earbuds you create heat which in turn liquefies the earwax and it gets past the mesh screen and once it cools down it becomes harder to remove, so using the peroxide it breaks it down and then you can blow or suck on the earbud to extract the leftover particles…yes it’s gross, but it’s from your body. Alternatively you can remove the mesh screen, clean up the gunk and then glue the screen back into place with a dab of crazy glue

3 Likes

@Tank Thanks for the great advice you can use to clean earwax.
I didn’t know hydrogen peroxide could help. My headphones are clean for now, but it’s good to have knowledge. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll have to add a spot of crazy glue to a pair of mine, as the mesh has worked free.

Thanks @Tank

1 Like

Yeah I got the Soundcore Liberty 2 pro but the same issue just happened to me. They were working perfectly fine then out of nowhere the left earbud sound became real low. I love these headphones so any help would be appreciated.

Do you recommend preventative proactive cleaning or wait til it’s a problem? You describe a process which implies earlier is better.

What is it, what is “crazy glue”?

1 Like

It’s a clear glue that is very strong. Very thin and is in a tiny metal tube. Main ingredient is called cyanoacrylate.

1 Like

@TheSnarkyOne OK, thanks.
It is a very famous glue, it is under different names with us. I thought you had something else :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Yes proactive cleaning s always best, if a user waits too long then multiple cleanings would be requires or you would have to remove the mesh screen in order to help along removing the built up wax. Hydrogen peroxide is great at breaking it up, but it does have its limitations in how much it can do each time.

@sodojka crazy glue is the same thing as Super glue. It’s just a brand of the glue.

@TheSnarkyOne use a toothpick to apply the glue to the mesh screen as it really only takes a tiny dab to hold it on. This way you avoid getting glue in any of the mesh holes.

4 Likes