Soundcore Stories | Ciaran Burgess reveals the secrets of live performances

We’re back with a new episode of the podcast! :heart_eyes: This week Will sat down with Ciaran Burgess from a band called Groomlake. He spoke about what it’s like performing and setting up live shows, plus we dive in and talk about all the behind the scenes tech stuff that he does!

He also gives some great advice on working in a band and most importantly growing within the music industry as a grassroot musician.

Listen to the episode in all these places:

Apple

Spotify

For those without a subscription service: Listen Here

Have you ever been in a band? Let us know in the comments :point_down:

6 Likes

I have been active in a band from 1964 to 1970.
Drummer and singer.
We were perfect in life performances.

Many “artists” of our days cant do such ones.
Its a shame!
These are no musicians for me.

If a band (artist) is not able to give a perfect performance on a simple stage
with their instruments, some amps, boxes and microphones , they are worthless “artificials” not artists at all.

2 Likes

@Chiquinho I knew you were a drummer, but I didn’t know you were a singer once, for 6 years :clap:.
:thinking: If you hadn’t been “lazing around” and still singing, this year you would have celebrated 57th artistic work.
And here in the forum we would write threads about your albums, instead of Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin :joy:.

2 Likes

There was never any album recorded.
We were a simple high school band.
But we were really good, that’s true!:smile:

This is the reason I only like live recordings from a real performance on stage.
All others are nonsense.

Thanks for sharing. I’ll check it out as soon as I get a few minutes.

1 Like

hmm I must have missed this post the other day Ill give it a listen either later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for posting. Will check it later.