Space A40 vs LP3 vs A3i/Dot3i vs P3

I thought this might be useful for those considering the A40 vs other products.

2 Likes

Interesting review. I’m glad they didn’t say they sound better than the L3P. If they did it would have contrary to what others have said.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this review I’m happy with my lp3 for fit although a little to tight so I hate to say it but the new ones will be a miss for me, I have been watching many reviews and from all I have seen the lp3 is still king. I wonder if there are any aftermarket tips I can get that are smaller? Something to ponder about

1 Like

I’m waiting for an A40 teardown, but from the P3 and P3i teardowns I am increasingly expecting next is a LA2P successor with major upgrade in battery life.

May need another year before electronics shrunk enough to justify a L3P successor.

Those waiting for better sound, I don’t see that coming, it’s too difficult, but shrinkage which helps with comfort and helps with battery life, are the easier so earlier next things to expect.

I have X10, the ANC is pretty good but nowhere as good as my Sony, so I’m also wondering when they truly attack ANC which they didn’t yet with the A40. The last A3939 P3 teardown showed a lot of empty space on the PCB and the P3i and P3 mini shows if you were to keep the same size as the LA2P you have the room to do a lot.

1 Like