Spirit Dot 2 audio delay

I just bought a Spirit Dot 2 to use with my PC, wanting to upgrade from some cheap Bluetooth earbuds joined by a cable to true wireless earbuds.

I was able to pair the Spirit Dot 2 to my computer but I’ve encountered 2 very concerning issues.

1. Whenever I start to play anything (specifically , playing videos stored locally on my computer), there is a delay of what seems like several seconds before I start hearing audio. If I switch programs or videos, there is another delay.

2. I could almost live with 1 if not for this: There is a VERY noticeable delay and it’s immediately clear that the audio is not in sync with the video. If I switch back to the cheap, old Bluetooth earbuds that I got the Spirit Dot 2 to replace, there is no noticeable delay.

I understand that there can be some latency with wireless connections like Bluetooth but when a cheap set that cost a fraction of what I paid for my new Soundcore earbuds can handle playback without a noticeable delay, I’m very shocked and disappointed that the Soundcore earbuds apparently can’t handle that.

There really shouldn’t be this kind of delay because I do own a pair myself and use Windows laptop with it. My first recommendation would be to reset the earbuds and update your bluetooth drivers.

If these 2 things don’t fix the issue (keep in mind there will still be a slight delay but nothing this large), try using the earbuds with other device like your phone to see if the delay still exists. If it does, could be your earbuds’ chip is faulty. If not, it could be your PC