Spirit X2 - Right Ear Bud, Shuts Off and On

I am having an issue with my Spirit X2. I wear them at the gym and after 60-90 minutes I will hear either Bass Normal or Bass Up, then the right ear bud will shut off. After sometimes a few seconds to a few minutes the right ear bud will turn back on, then it will repeat the Bass Normal, Bass Up, shut off routine. This can repeat many times over. At most the right ear bud will stay on for a couple minutes before shutting off and repeating this issue. Sometimes the left ear bud will keep playing through this, other times I have to press play on my phone to get the music to start again. The left ear bud always stays on. The only thing that helps is to put them back in the case and then I just leave them until I go to the gym the next day. This is not an everyday occurrence, but is becoming more frequent. It happened 5/6 days this past week. I always wipe the ear buds off before they are put back in their case. They also have a full charge.

As you can imagine this is very annoying and I have having to interrupt my workout to change earbuds. I keep a pair of the Spirit X in my bag as a backup. Haven’t had any issues with the Spirit X.

I have reset them multiple times. It kinda seems like they are shorting out where the main button is on the right ear bud, as the functions that are occurring on their own (bass normal/up/shut off) are the functions of that button.

I originally bought the Spirit X2 in Oct. 2019, but had to get a replacement from Soundcore in August of 2020 due to them not charging anymore. So, technically I guess they are out of warranty.

Any troubleshooting ideas? Seems like a hardware issue to me, but odd that it takes a while for it to happen.

1 Like

Strange issue. Looks like button problem.
Did you tried reset and remove earphones from your phone’s bluetooth device’s list?

Hello,

Yes, each time I’ve reset the earbuds, I have removed them on my phone and paired again. I’ve reset probably 4-5 times over the last 2 weeks.

1 Like

No more ideas. Sorry.
Hope someone else does have.
You can contact customer service by email service@soundcore.com as well.

Thanks, I have sent an email to support and will see what they say.

I would contact service@soundcore.com. They will as if you reset them and stuff before they would exchange thdm.

Hello, sorry to learn about the issue with your Spirit X2 earphones, thanks for trying some troubleshooting already, it seems that your earphones are unusual.

For any warranty assistance, please feel free to drop an email to "service@soundcore.com" by detailing the issue and the order information, our customer support team will take care of your case within 24hrs.

No worry, we always stand behind your product and are ready for help.

Hello, I contacted support in August of 2021 and unfortunately I was out of warranty.

I purchased them in October 2019. I had done a warranty claim in August 2020 due to them not holding a charge. So, I had the current pair for about a year, but it had been longer than 18 months since my original purchase.

Did you ever figure this out mine does the same thing sadly.

Nope, I gave up on using them. I have been using my backup pair of the original Spirit X’s and recently picked up another pair of the X2’s since they were on sale for $60.

I just started having the exact same issue. Pretty obnoxious. Still no resolution for you?

Hi, @Teddy_Blumenthal To better confirm, have you encountered the same issue with the right earbud of Spirit X2 shutting off and on? If yes, the following tips are worth trying:

• Make sure your earbuds can be charged and turned on correctly.
  • Put the earbuds into the charging case and close the case for 6 seconds. Then open the case to try pairing again.
  • Delete (forget/ignore) the pairing records for the headphones on your device (phone/tablet/etc.) and turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Reset the earbuds using the following steps:
  1. Open the charging case;
  2. Press and hold the button behind the charging case for 10 seconds. The LED indicators of the earbuds will flash red 3 times and then turn white.
  • Please try with another device (phone/tablet/etc.) and see if the issue is the same.

If the issue still persists, please drop an email to service@soundcore.com detailing the issue and the order information, our Soundcore technical support team will take care of your case within 24hrs.

Same thing happened to me. Except, it happened to a warranty replacement I received.

My first pair worked flawlessly until one stopped charging. Anker was awesome and sent a replacement. However the replacement has the same issue on this thread exactly as described.