Technoid Mix EQ

After using this eq mix that I have used for the past year I have made my official prefix eq that I will be using for all my reviews going forward! Just wanted to share it out and see what you guys think of it and if you notice anything different.

2 Likes

Everyone who is a little bit familiar with frequencies has his “own eq”.
of course I use different ones for different speakers.
Same is with earbuds, because they have their special adjustments.

2 Likes

Years ago I started listening without any tonal adjustments. I find that all aspects of the music are easier to hear. Everybody has their own sense of sound so I’m glad the EQ is available.

1 Like

I tend to agree with @Chiquinho. I don’t personally think there is such a thing as a one size fits all EQ.

Considering different gear is tuned differently, That combined with peoples tastes, and even how an album was mastered has me often changing my EQ during the same listening session.

I know people say I don’t EQ because this how the Engineer meant it to sound. I don’t put any faith in that. Considering we all have different equipment, by definition it will sound different than what the Sound Engineer heard.

In the end, all that matters is you’re happy with your EQ setting.

2 Likes

Nothing to add, Steve. :smile:
Never forget the elder you get the hearing abilities of high frequencies is getting worse.
So the adjustment of any EQ is very individual.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. But I will agree with others on best EQ settings are individual.

1 Like

Will check it out. As stated that it would probably be tweaked for my hearing and/or the device I am listening too

1 Like

Interesting adjustments. I’m pretty boring with my eq selections, usually stay with either flat or acoustic…

I’ll give this a try this weekend, with some classical and see how it sounds.

Good to see you back :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like