Testing the world's fastest 40W wireless charger vs 40W cable charging speeds

Some interesting facts:

Huawei P40 Pro+ 40W wired charging 40W wireless charging
15 minutes 30% 25%
30 minutes 50% 44%
50 minutes 80% 74%
70 minutes 100% 95%
82 minutes - 100%

What are your thoughts about a 40W wireless charger?
Would you buy one?
When do you think Anker will make one?
What price point would be acceptable?

Oops… This should be on Anker community, no?

Would make a good post on Anker… Well just anything can be posted here too :+1:

Probably should be in the off topic section but it’s not much different to other non audio related posts that are often on here :raised_hands:

1 Like

of course, so followed my comment with this

This goes on there too… :wink:

Agree :ok_hand:
I spent a good 5 minutes before posting it here and got convinced after looking at few of the non audio related posts by regulars :grinning:

Saved me some time too :wink:

Anyway, coming back to the topic :joy:, this does look pretty good. The times aren’t too off so there doesn’t seem to be huge losses in wireless vs wired. I can see a lot of people going for a wireless charger for the added convenience so Anker should really jump on board to get a grip in the market. Earlier the better you know :wink:

I know not many support that kind of crazy wireless rates but when phones do come out that support these, it would be great to have Anker products already in market for people to buy

I would skip it, personally. Faster charging means higher heat and shorter battery life long term. I would generally like to limit the speed except in very unusual circumstances, and most chargers don’t have a good option for that - you get all or nothing.

1 Like

Absolutely… i have no hurry to charge my phone, carry a second phone for backup :grin: and of course, a powerbank…

1 Like

Yeah personally I am in no rush an no need yet for anything and until this area advances further I shall pass

1 Like